Chapter 20

Minhyun pov *Earlier that day*

"Happy birthday, noona." I smiled weakly, setting the bouquet of flowers against the tombstone. "I hope you're partying hard up there."

I paused before chuckling to myself. "Who am I kidding? I bet you're eating red velvet cake and obsessing over hot guys."

I shook my head as I took a seat on the grass, running my finger over the engravings on the stone. "Have you been watching over me like you said you would? I've been wondering lately how you feel about my training...both idol and gang training. Are you angry that I'm involved with The Company? Are you annoyed that I became an idol and not the literature teacher you always wanted me to become? Are..." I hesitated before continuing. "Are you proud of the person I've become?"

The wind tousled my hair a bit, and I let out a shaky sigh. "I hope that means you're proud of me," I whispered as tears began to well up in my eyes.

"Did I tell you about Amelia?" I changed the subject, a smile forming despite the tears that were slowly streaming down my face. "She's incredible, really. You know how awkward I am when it comes to girls, but with Amelia, it's different. It's so easy to talk to her, and she never fails to make me smile. She is everything Jaehwan described her as, and so much more. I think I'm in love with her."

My eyes went wide as I realized what I had just said. "L-love?" I stuttered. "It's too early...oh my god, noona? Am I crazy? I've never been in love with a girl, and yet I'm already blurting it out..." I let out a frustrated groan, burying my head in my hands. "I must be insane. I've only known her for a few months, and yet I'm already claiming that I love her. Good thing I didn't say that in front of her. She'd probably think I'm an obsessed freak."

The wind picked up again, but this time it was strong strong that it almost knocked me over. I glared at the tombstone playfully. "Are you teasing me? Is this your way of saying I'm an idiot?" I let out a laugh. "You're probably right. I am an idiot." I sighed softly. "But I think I'm right as well. I think I love Amelia." I smiled at the thought. "I'm in love with the most annoying girl I've ever met."

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't even realize that my phone was ringing. Quickly jumping to grab my phone out of my pocket, I answered the call without even checking the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Hyung!" Jaehwan's voice shouted and I winced a bit, pulling the phone away from my ear. "Have you heard from Amelia?"

Confused, I shook my head, before realizing that he couldn't see me. "N-no, I haven't. Why?" I asked, my face heating up in embarrassment.

"She went to the SKB, but she's not answering anyone's texts or calls. I was just a little worried. Even Seongwoo and Sungwoon hyung said they didn't see her, and they even checked around the SKB a bit," Jaehwan said, rushed, and his voice was going higher. I could tell he was panicking.

"Jaehwan. First of all, calm down. We don't want to jump to any conclusions without knowing the facts. For all we know, she could just be in a bunch of meetings..." I tried to calm him down, but it didn't seem to work.

"But, hyung! We've been calling her for hours!" he exclaimed, his voice cracking towards the end.

"Jaehwan, you know she has a lot of responsibilities when it comes to the Company..." I paused when he let out a strangled sound. "But if it makes you feel any better, I'll call Hyunbin hyung. I'm sure he'll have an answer for us."

I could hear Jaehwan sigh. "Alright, hyung. Let me know. I'll get going now, Jisung hyung is calling for me. Bye hyung, thanks for helping!" he exclaimed and hung up before I could respond.

I let out a sigh of my own, running a hand through my hair.

"Noona, I think you would've liked Jaehwan a lot. He reminds me of you, in a way. You both caused me a lot of stress and anxiety, but it didn't stop me from being protective over both of you."

I dialed Hyunbin hyung's number and he picked up immediately. "Minhyun? What's up?"

"Hyung, where's Amelia? The guys are worried because she's not answering their calls or texts."

"She's fine. We just needed to go over some things regarding The Company." He sighed, but something didn't seem right.

"Hyung, what kind of things?" I asked cautiously.

"N-nothing that concerns you," he stuttered and I rolled my eyes.

"Hyung, why are you hiding something from me? If it really didn't concern me, then you wouldn't sound so nervous," I stated and he sighed again.

I had known Hyunbin hyung since I was a child. He had been my sister's best friend and I had been so sure that they would end up getting married one day. He treated me like a little brother, and he knew me just as well as I knew him. I was surprised when he had hidden the fact that he was involved with The Company, but once I had found out, he had been the one to tell me everything.

"Damn you, Hwang Minhyun," he cursed and I couldn't help but smirk. I had won. "Where are you?"

"I'm visiting noona," I said softly.

"Tell her I said happy birthday," he whispered, barely audible. "I should've visited earlier, because I won't be able to make it tonight," he sighed, his voice cracking a little.

"I'm sure she understands."

"I hope so. Your sister always saw the best in everything," he paused, "I'm glad you're not at the dorm. I feel better about asking you to come to the SKB. Just...just tell the boys that everything is fine and that you and Amelia won't be going back until later."

"Hyung, what's going on?" I asked.

"Minhyun, I can't explain everything over the phone, but the CYA are demanding to meet Amelia alone tonight. She says she's fine, but I can tell she's shaken. Maybe you can calm her down a bit. I have to go, I'll see you soon...and please, be careful." And with that, he hung up.

I sat down in shock as I let the information sink in.

"Shit!" I cried, pushing myself off the ground. "Noona, I'm sorry, but I have to go. Amelia is in danger, and I'm not going to let the CYA take another loved one from me."

Noona, please watch over Amelia for me. She means the world to me and I don't know what I'd do if I lost her too.