Chapter 37

"Sungwoon!" I cried, rushing over to his bedside. "Oh gosh, what did they do to you?"

"They beat him up in the most cowardly way possible," a voice spoke up, and my head whipped back to see Sarah standing in the doorway with her arms crossed. She entered the room, taking a seat on the other side of Sungwoon's bed. "They had about 10 men fight him, and he wasn't allowed to fight back... they would've made in worse if he fought back at all," she explained and my eyes widened in shock. That hadn't been what I was expecting at all. I figured they would've wanted him to fight.

"What the fuck?" I hissed and she nodded. "He endured all of that? He's lucky they didn't kill him!"

"I think Mason Choi was impressed," Sarah commented. "He called his men off a lot quicker than he had planned. "Amelia, Mason Choi isn't going to let Sungwoon in so easily. He said tonight was only part 1 of 3... and it's only going to get harder. Does Sungwoon really need to do this? He could still back out..."

"As if he would agree to that," I sighed and she was about to protest. "What he went through tonight is only going to motivate him even more. He's doing this to protect his sister, and now that he can understand how terrible the CYA is, he'll do anything to keep her out of that mess."

"He's an idiot," she shook her head. "But I get it... I guess. I would probably do the same for Jisung..." she trailed off, looking away.

My eyebrows scrunched up in confusion as I noticed a change in her mood. "Is everything alright between you and Jisung oppa?" I asked and she let out a sigh.

"He's not very happy with me at the moment," she admitted. "The whole gang ordeal is really taking a toll on him. He is worried about his members, and he doesn't like that you, Minhyun, and Sungwoon are clearly hiding something important from him. What pushed him over the edge is that I'm also keeping secrets from him... he flipped out on me the other day, but it was ok. He needed to get out his pent up frustration, and I'd rather have him do it to me instead of taking it out on the boys."

"Sarah..."

"It's ok," she said quickly, faking a smile. "He's just worried. He wants to look out for everyone and make sure everyone is safe and sound, but we aren't giving him that satisfaction."

I pressed my lips in a firm line, as I saw her expression falter. I took a deep breath, debating whether or not to say what I was thinking.

Sighing, I looked at Sungwoon and silently apologized. Then I turned to back to Sarah. "Talk to him. Tell him everything that's going on. I had promised to explain it after everything was over, but if it's putting that kind of strain on your relationship, then you need to talk to him," I said, wondering how Sungwoon would react.

Sarah looked at me with wide eyes. "W-what? Amelia, no, I..."

"Sarah, don't argue. Jisung has been suspicious for awhile. He deserves to know."

She shook her head. "No, Amelia, I can't. Only you and Hyunbin know about me being a double agent, and Jisung will worry even more. No, I can't..."

"Sarah," I cut her off again. "As your leader, I'm ordering you to do this. I didn't want to say this, but I'm not doing it just because you're dating him. He's standing as a liability, and one small slip could potentially ruin everything. I'm not saying Jisung would do that, but he could, even if it was an accident. Besides, he'll feel better if we tell him everything, and he won't have to worry about the unknown. I'll take the blame if anyone says anything, just sort out everything with him."

She bit her lip, but nodded. "Okay, I'll let you know after I talk to him," she sighed and I smiled lightly. She glanced over at the clock and gasped. "I need to go! The CYA might become suspicious if I'm gone too long. I'll see you later," she said quickly, bowing before rushing out of the room.