Wedding Bells

July 6, 1971

Today is the big day. The moment that everybody has been waiting for. Björn and Agnetha were getting married at last. The Swedish press all descended on Verum, despite both Björn and Agnetha's best efforts to keep all the details about their wedding to the press. But since this was a marriage between two of Sweden's biggest stars, the press simply couldn't resist.

Björn was in his hotel along with both his parents as well as his friend, Berka, who was Björn's best man. He was nervous about marrying the love of his life. As he was fidgeting with his tie, Gunnar and Aina couldn't help but notice how nervous their son is and decided to approach him.

"Nervous son?" Gunnar asked.

"Totally nervous. I never knew this day would come and now here it is. By the end of the day, Agnetha and I will be husband and wife and it won't feel real. It seems like yesterday that I fell in love with Agnetha's voice on the radio and we met in person during the TV special," Björn sighed.

"I know this sounds cliche, but it will get better. I promise," Gunnar said as he placed his hand on Björn's shoulder.

"And you and Agnetha make the most perfect couple. Gunnar and I have fallen head over heels in love with her since the moment you first introduced us to her and I know Eva feels the exact same way. We couldn't be anymore proud of you son. This is your big day and it feels like yesterday that I was holding you in my areas and you were a very tiny baby. And now you're about to marry the love of your life in less than three hours," Aina said, getting emotional.

"Aww Mama! Don't cry!" Björn exclaimed as he and Gunnar gave her a big hug.

"I can't help it! You are my firstborn! And now you and Agnetha are getting married and she couldn't be anymore perfect! You don't understand how much your father and I love that girl with all our hearts! And I can't wait to see the two of you expecting your first child! I can already see it, Gunnar! Our first grandchild!" Aina exclaimed.

"Agnetha and I are planning on having children for sure Mama," Björn said as he gently reassured his mother.

The three of them finished getting ready and headed to the small Gothic church together. Meanwhile, Agnetha was staying at another hotel on the other side of town. She was equally nervous about marrying Björn. After getting into her wedding dress, the stylists came into Agnetha's hotel room and did her hair and makeup. Ingvar, Birgit, Mona, and Eva walked into the room and immediately noticed how nervous Agnetha was as she was getting her hair and makeup done.

"Everything ok darling?" Ingvar asked.

"Yes, everything is fine Papa," Agnetha replied.

"Are you sure?" Birgit asked.

"Must be some pre wedding nerves," Ingvar whispered into Birgit's ear as she nodded.

"Oh Mama! Papa! I'm so nervous! I can't believe today is the day! I've had a big crush on him for so long and now here I am about to marry him! When we first met, I honestly thought he would turn me down and now we are getting married! I just can't believe it!" Agnetha exclaimed as she burst into tears.

"Agnetha, don't cry sweetheart! Your makeup!" Birgit exclaimed.

"I'm sorry Mama! I just can't help it!" Agnetha exclaimed.

"Don't worry ma'am, I can fix her makeup," the makeup artist replied.

"It feels like yesterday you were just a tiny baby and now here you are about to marry the man of your dreams. Your father and I love and respect Björn very much. We couldn't have asked for a better man to be your husband, Agnetha. Words can't explain how much of a gentleman Björn truly is. He has such a calm and gentle demeanor as well and the amount of love that he has for you is just something that words simply can't explain," Birgit said.

Agnetha and Bjorn: The Love Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें