Another Town, Another Train

Spring 1971

Several months have passed since Agnetha, Björn, Benny, and Frida tried performing together as a band to no avail. Since then, a New Year has rolled around and the four friends continued with their solo careers and songwriting respectively.

However, there was something that was occupying Björn and Agnetha's mind especially. Their wedding was coming up. They had finally figured out a wedding date at last and were already setting out invitations to their families and close friends. They couldn't wait to get married at that small little church in Verum that they stumbled upon nearly a year earlier and July 6 couldn't come soon enough.

Both sets of parents were very excited about the wedding as well as Mona and Eva, and of course, Benny and Frida. Björn had offered Benny to be his best man but he soon changed his mind and asked Benny to play the organ instead while Berka, another really close friend, would stand as Björn's best man. Benny was ok with that for sure. He didn't mind demonstrating his greatest talent at his best friend's wedding after all.

Unfortunately for Björn and Agnetha, they would have to spend this upcoming weekend separately. Björn had to stay behind in the studio with Benny and Stig doing some more songwriting, so Agnetha took this as an opportunity for her to spend time with her family in Jönköping before the wedding as the wedding was now six weeks away.

"MAMA! PAPA! MONA! I'VE MISSED YOU!" Agnetha exclaimed, emotionally as she and her family had one really big group hug.

"We've missed you too sweetheart!" Birgit exclaimed as the hug grew tighter.

The Fältskog family headed indoors and sat around for a little bit while Birgit was finishing the meal she was making. Ingvar, on the other hand, was reading a newspaper and the two girls were watching TV.

"Dinner is ready," Birgit announced.

The family immediately joined her as they helped themselves to dinner. Birgit, Ingvar, Agnetha, and Mona were helping themselves to some rice and chicken when Birgit looked around curiously.

"Wait...girls have you seen your grandmother anywhere?" Birgit asked.

"No," Agnetha replied.

"I thought she was taking a bath," Ingvar replied.

"I thought so too," Mona sighed.

"MAMA!" Birgit yelled.

"WHAT?! WHY ARE YOU YELLING?!" Elin shouted back.

"GET DOWN HERE! IT'S DINNER TIME!"

"I'M COMING!"

Elin, Agnetha and Mona's grandmother and Birgit's mother, came down and joined the family for dinner. She had moved in with Birgit, Ingvar, and Mona at their home in Jönköping shortly after she retired. And Elin was quite a character for sure.

"Agnetha! How lovely to see you! Haven't seen you in a while!" Elin exclaimed as she greeted her eldest granddaughter.

"I've missed you, Mormor! It's so good to see you again!" Agnetha exclaimed as she gave her grandmother a hug.

Elin began helping herself to the medal and the family sat down together just catching up on life, but the upcoming wedding was dominating the conversation that night.

"So Agnetha, why didn't you bring that man of yours with you?" Elin asked.

"He's busy this weekend," Agnetha replied, as a matter of fact.

"Oh is he? Doing what?" Elin asked curiously.

"Songwriting with Benny. As usual," Agnetha replied as she helped herself to more rice.