Perfect Opportunity

January 1972

Björn and Agnetha have been married for six months already and are enjoying married life together. They were still hoping for a baby but at least they had little Ada keeping them company. One morning after Björn walked Ada and went out on his morning run at the same time, he made breakfast while Agnetha was still asleep.

By the time she woke up, breakfast was already made and Björn was already dressed for the day. Agnetha wasn't surprised by that at all. He was an early riser who loved going out for morning jogs while she often preferred to sleep in. When she got to the kitchen, Björn was reading a newspaper like he usually does every morning.

"Morning sleepyhead," Björn said as he greeted Agnetha and kissed her on the lips.

"Morning handsome," Agnetha replied as she kissed him back.

"I made some french toast with eggs. You can help yourself," Björn replied.

"Okay," Agnetha replied as she helped herself to her meal.

As Agnetha was helping herself to the french toast and eggs that he had made, Björn stumbled upon an ad that he was reading on the morning paper. Agnetha couldn't help but notice the grin on his face as she sat down on the table across from her husband.

"Any good news today?" Agnetha asked.

"Huh? Uh...what good news?" Björn replied confused as he looked up at his wife, since she dragged him out of his thoughts.

"That grin on your face. Come on, I know there's a good news story on today's paper."

"Well I'm not necessarily reading a news article."

"Then what are you reading that's making you so happy?"

"It's this ad I found. I think it's a perfect opportunity."

"What ad? And why would it be a perfect opportunity? I don't even know what the ad is about!" Agnetha exclaimed, sounding confused.

"The ad is talking about some auditions that are coming up. Apparently there's going to be a new Swedish version of Jesus Christ Superstar. And they are especially looking for someone to play Maria Magdalena and I think it's a perfect opportunity for you to...you know."

"Wait a minute?" Agnetha asked as she began making out what Björn is telling her.

"Yeah, go on."

"So you read an ad on today's paper talking about how they are holding auditions for Jesus Christ Superstar here in Stockholm? And they want somebody to play Maria Magdalena in particular? And you were thinking of having me audition for Jesus Christ Superstar and the possibility of me playing Maria Magdalena in the musical?"

"That's correct!" Björn exclaimed.

"Björn, no!" Agnetha moaned.

"Why not?"

"You know I have awful stage fright, Björn! And it's not only that, you know I'm not a good actress! And my voice isn't strong enough for a musical!" Agnetha exclaimed as she burst into tears.

"Anna, it's ok sweetheart!" Björn said softly as he took Agnetha into his arms.

"No it's not!" Agnetha exclaimed through her quiet sobs.

"Anna, trust me. You can do this. I still have faith in you. You are a great actress and I know that deep down, you know that as well. As for your voice, it's so high and powerful which is just the kind of voice needed for a musical. Plus, the producers of Jesus Christ Superstar said in the ad that they are looking for someone with your vocal range to play Maria Magdalena," Björn replied rubbing her arms.