I frowned and pulled my backpack on before stepping up and crouching down to Quincy's height. "Hey, I know you wanna hang out but you have to listen to mommy. Mommy's words first, always, okay?" She pouted harder. "And when we see each other again, I'll made it a double scoop." I whispered and her eyes instantly brightened. "Deal?"

"Deal." She said happily with her pinky up. "Promise, Phin?"

"I promise, little Q." I wrapped my pinky around her and leaned forward, kissing my fist while she kissed hers. "Now go with mommy, be good."

"Okaaay." She walked back over to Vanessa, her face guilt ridden. "Sorry for not listening, mommy."

Vanessa nodded absentmindedly as she kept looking up at me, then back down, her eyes filled with shock. "We're going to have a talk about respect in the car. Let's go."

I watched after them with a frown before kicking the toe of my shoes into the ground. "Dammit."

"Step daddy's in trouble-"

"Can it, Vivian." I said sternly, huffing as I walked into my dorm with her close behind.

-

"Talk." Vanessa said as soon as I walked into the empty cafe.

I set my backpack on the table, then leaned against the counter with a pout. "No kiss first?" She tilted her head, eyes rolling. "Pleaseee-"

"Fine," she grabbed my jaw and pulled me forward for a quick kiss. "Now, explain why you're walking around with your teammates drug test, Y/n."

I sighed and sat up. "She tampered with my drug test and I would've been on the verge of being kicked out if we didn't have evidence she did. Can you make me a hot cocoa? I think I'm getting sick."

Her lips pursed as she walked over to the stack of cups, grabbing one. "So.. with this you decide to spread her results?" I nodded. "I'm sure your law studies have a lot to say about that."

"Not if I don't get caught." I said with a wink and she snorted, finishing up my hot chocolate with whipped cream and sprinkles before bringing it over to me. "But, honestly I'm good."

"Y/n.." she said with a sigh, handing me the warm beverage. "You could just send whatever evidence you have to the admins and be done. This means you're in it too.. you could still get expelled."

"Like I said, babe." I took a sip of the drink with a hum. "Not if I don't get caught."

"Y/n." She said with a glare and I huffed, setting the cup down. "Come on its Stanford, not San Mateo. Sure, at my college they wouldn't give two shits but your university likes to uphold a reputation. They'll wanna find out who did it."

"I'm sure it hasn't even spread that far yet. I just did the dorms." I looked up as the bell ring to indicate someone walked in. Two boys walked to the counter and I zeroed in on the paper in their hands. Shit.

"You were saying?" Vanessa hissed out before faking a smile for the customers. "Hey, what can I get you?"

I moved to the side, pulling out my phone when I felt a series of vibrates. And.. I kinda wish I left it in the car.

Jas: you didn't.

Jas: Y/n... are you insane?

Jas: obviously you are but this is BAD. Coach knows, damn near the entire campus knows. You better have a good ass lawyer because Lisa will push back.

"Who's that?" Vanessa asked once she finished up the order.

"Oh just.. study group." She gave me those damn eyes again, her hand up so I huffed and handed my phone over to her. "It's not that bad."