Chapter Twenty-Seven

Months. It had been months since Emberstar was born. She was a slow grower, and still needed some nurturing before she would be able to walk. You were currently holding her as you spoke to her.

"Your father is- was an amazing mech. He was so funny, and a bit childish, but I loved him anyway", you whisper. "He would have loved you the moment he laid optics on you, just like I love you. I know that he is watching us from the Well of Allsparks, and I know that he will protect us. They all will. Your aunts, Sunflower, Goldburst, and Arcee. Your uncles, Bulkhead, Smokescreen, and Ratchet. And your grandsire, Optimus Prime. They'll all protect you, no matter what. I know they will."

Emberstar only grins and says one word.

"Mama!" she exclaims, grabbing at your face. You smile softly, teads appearing in your optics.

"You said your first word!" you exclaim. You weren't able to say anything else due to the door opening and closing quickly. You stared at the familiar orange and white paint.

"Ratchet?" you breathed out. Ratchet whips around, tense before relaxing.

"(Y/N)", he says, a hand on his chest, obviously relieved. Then he notices the small bundle in your arms. He's instantly by your side, looking at your sparkling. He smiles.

"She's a cutie", he says, before glancing at your shocked face.

"What, don't tell me you thought we were all dead", he says. At your next expression, he groans.

"We're smarter than that! Even Optimus is alive and he stayed behind in the base!" he snapped. You flinch, before shaking your head softly.

"Sorry, Ratch. I... Bumblebee and my sisters must have closed off the bond. I haven't been able to feel them at all", you say. Ratchet frowns.

"Bumblebee, you idiot", he mutters.

"What are you doing here, Ratchet?", you ask, getting straight to the point.

Ratchet sighs. "Well, I was on my way to fight Shockwave, but I had to hide quickly due to Starscream coming down this way."

You laugh. "Yeah, cuz you don't stand a chance against him."

"The other Autobots should be here soon", Ratchet changes the subject.

"Including Bumblebee?" you ask hopefully. Ratchet smiles and you knew it was the truth.

"Come on", Ratchet says. You shake your head.

"I'll stay in here, where it's safe for my sparkling", you say. Ratchet nods, and runs out again.

Several minutes later, however, you suddenly got the urge that you were needed somewhere. So you walked out carefully, and followed the sounds of fighting. You found yourself in a large open room, where you saw several Autobots and Decepticons. And where you saw your sparkmate leaping towards Optimus and Megatron over a large creation on the bottom of the warship. You watched as Megatron shot four times at Bumblebee, each one hitting their mark. You watched as Bumblebee fell into this blue liquid and then disappeared.

You heard screaming, and soon realized that it was from you. But you couldn't stop. Your spark hurt so much as you felt the bond be cut off. You sank to your knees and heard your sparklings cries. You pulled her closer and hugged her tight.

You opened your optics when you heard Megatron's name be yelled. You gasped when you saw Bumblebee, holding the star saber which went through Megatron's chest.

"You took my voice", Bumblebee growled. "You took my sparkmates family from her. You will never rob anyone of anything ever again."

Megatron fell over the edge and into Earth's atmosphere.