Chapter Three

"Lord Megatron", Starscream stutters, his wings twitching with nervousness, not expecting Megatron to appear from the shadows. You smiled at your leader.

"It is good to have you back, my lord", you say with a smile. Megatron smiles at you as well, though it was malicious in nature. You shudder, though it went unnoticed.

"Shall I ready the space bridge for the army you have surely gathered during your three years in space?" Starscream asked, as Megatron walked past you.

"My army shall come", Megatron spoke, merely glancing over his shoulder at Starscream. "But my time away has yielded a more intriguing means of materializing them." He looked at a shard of purple energon in his servo. Your optics widen at it, recognizing it almost immediately, though Starscream did not catch as quickly as you did. "The solidified form of the matter the ancient texts referred to as the Blood of Unicron!"

"Unicron the Destroyer" Starscream murmurs as he walks up to his master's side, you following not far behind. "But it's said that his blood is the anti-spark!"

"Plucked from cosmic shores", Megatron grins. "Gaze upon dark energon!"

You couldn't help but stare at it in worry. You had never liked the idea of an energon that can revive the dead, but now that Megatron had it in his possession... you had no idea what he would do with it.

"Legend tells that it holds the power to revive the dead", Starscream says, studying the dark energon in Megatron's servo before glancing up at his lord and master.

"We require only a cadaver to be certain", Megatron answers. "Are one of you two willing to make the ultimate sacrifice?"

You pause, before glancing at Starscream who was laughing nervously.

"That... may not be necessary", he spoke, before a couple of vehicons arrived with Cliffjumper's body strapped down. "If I may, Lord Megatron." He gestured to a the body. "Consider it a welcome home present."

You winced before turning to Megatron. "Lord Megatron, will it be okay for me to patrol the mines while this... Autobot is used to test the dark energon?"

Megatron nods and you were quick to jump down to the bottom of the mine, and start patrolling one of the lower tunnels. After a while, you were alone, and loosened up a bit. However, it was only a little while later that you heard voices. You paused hiding behind a large box that you guessed was filled with either mining tools or energon. You listened intently and realized that it wasn't voices, it was fighting. You stood and quickly ran for the fight, and soon found the Autobots in the mine. You growled and launched yourself at the nearest one, which happened to be the yellow and black one known as Bumblebee.

"Hey, bug!" you yelled, pulling out your sword. "How bout you pick on someone worth the fight?"

Bumblebee instantly took down the last couple vehicons he was fighting, and pointed his blasters at you. You had a massive stare-down, each of you waiting to take the first move. However, when you saw the anger in his optics, you realized what they were here for. Cliffjumper. His friends had moved on, probably thinking that he could handle you on his own. You sighed, and placed your sword back on your hip. The bugs reaction was one of confusion. He lowered his guns and whirled quizzically at you. You sighed.

"Go with your friends. You'll find Cliff in the large room, though he is dead. Or at least... he's supposed to be... Megatron might have ruined that with dark energon..."

Bumblebee hesitated before transforming and catching up to his friends. You continued walking the mine but soon stopped and rested against the wall. However, when the wall shook, you were instantly up on your feet and ready to go. Your servo was soon pressed against your audio receptor, and you were calling Starscream.