Chapter Eight

When you woke, you found yourself in a very familiar cell, though the door was open. A yellow and black bot sat in the doorway. You tried to sit up, only to find that your limbs didn't want to work with you.

"B-bug", a whisper came out of your mouth, not what you were intending. He still heard you though and quickly stood and moved to your side.

:(N/N)! Are you okay?!:

"(N/N)?" you ask with a smile. Bumblebee's doorwings shot up in embarrassment as he looked away from you.

:You have a nickname for me, so I thought I might choose one for you...:

You smiled softly. "I like it. Now, first off, I can't move my limbs. Why is that?"

Bumblebee's optics turned sad as his wings drooped. You immediately knew something bad had happened.

"Bug, what happened?"

Bumblebee sighed and started speaking.

:You passed out in the arctic and it started snowing heavily. It took us a while to find you. At that point, your limbs were frozen solid and even with the defrosting, it may have ruined your ability to move them. Ratchet said there was a small possibility you would be able to move them when you woke. Unfortunately, it looks like you'll have to teach yourself how to use them again.:

You stare at him in shock. You couldn't believe that had happened.

"Help me sit up", you whisper. Bee does so gently, pausing anytime you winced in pain. Once you were fully sitting you stared at your (f/c) and (s/f/c) hands. You wished you could move them...

"Bee, how's she doing?" Ratchet asked, not expecting you to be awake. He gaped at you sitting up with Bumblebee's help.

"She's awake", he says plainly.

"Yes, I'm awake, dumbaft", you spit. "Now tell me what I need to do to relearn how to use my limbs again."

Ratchrt sighed. "I won't be the one teaching you, that's for sure. I have no patience for that."

:I'll do it!: Bumblebee volunteered instantly. Ratchet stares at him, and Bumblebee shrunk down in embarrassment.

"You didn't leave her side almost the entire time she was in a coma, and now you're volunteering to help her teach? Bumblebee, what is going on with you?" Ratchet asks. Bumblebee shrink down even more before glancing at me to make sure I was okay with sitting up by myself. I nodded and he dragged Ratchet away.

But what Ratchet said was stuck on your mind... 'Bug didn't leave my side when I was in a coma? Why? How long was I in a coma for?'

Soon, enough, Bumblebee came back without Ratchet. His wings go up higher than I had ever seen when he saw me and I chuckled.

"So... what first, teacher?"

He shook his head. :Nothing right now. You need to get some proper rest. Doctor's orders.:

You groan. "Okay, but can you answer some questions for me first?"

Bumblebee nods excitedly and you chuckle. Then you asked your first question.

"Did you really stay with me while I was in a coma?"

Bumblebee shrunk down in embarrassment before nodding. You chuckle softly.

"Thanks, Bug. It means a lot to me", you murmured. "You're a really good friend."

:We're friends?: he asked, his wings popping up happily. You chuckle and nod.

"If you're willing to have a Decepticon as your friend."

He nods happily, and you chuckle. "Alright, there's that question. Anyway, next question, why didn't you leave me when I was a coma?"

Bumblebee shrunk down in embarrassment again.

:Well, we're friends, aren't we? That's what friends do?:

You frown, but didn't argue with him, even though he didn't sound sure himself. "Alright, last question. How long was I in a coma for?"

:Two weeks.: Bumblebee held up two digits as he spoke and you gaped at him.

"Please tell me you guys told Starscream that I'm okay..." you whisper. Bumblebee froze and you groaned, raising a servo to run across your face. You were confused when Bumblebee was watching you excitedly.

"What?" you snap. Bumblebee jumped back and you sigh softly. "Sorry."

:It's fine. I just got excited because you moved your servo.:

You stare at him confusion until you remember that you ran your servo over your face. You moved it again to stare at it and smiled widely. You could move one of your servos again!

"Bee, I can move one of my servos again!"

Bumblebee stared at you in awe again. :You called me by my name...:

You chuckled. "Don't get used to it. Anyway, I'm tired, let me sleep."

:Do you need help laying back down?:

You tried to do it on your own but failed miserably.

"Um... yes..?" you questioned. Bumblebee shook with laughter as he helped you lay back down. He didn't moved once you were laying down and instead stared into your optics.

"Thank you, Bug", you whisper softly. Bumblebee nods before realizing that he hadn't moved.

:I'll see you tomorrow!: he exclaims before disappearing through the doorway, closing it as soon as he was through. You stared after him, not entirely sure what to think about what just happened.

What did happen just now?