Chapter Twenty-Six

You were whispering to her sparkling as you fed her when the door slammed open. You looked up to see Megatron. He grinned maliciously.

"Oh, my dear, dear Spiriter. No one would believe this is you now. I barely believe it myself", he says, starting to walk around you. "Never would I have thought for you to have a sparkling."

"That's a lie Megatron. I had one before, and you killed her in cold blood", you growl, pulling your femmeling closer to you.

"Ah, yes. What was her name? Starfire?" Megatron teased. Anger was growing inside you, but you held back, if only for the safety of Emberstar.

"What do you want, Megatron?" you growl. He laughed.

"I want nothing. I just wish to inform you that your sparkmate is dead!" he sneered.

"What?" you breathe out before glaring at him. "No! You lie! You've done it before! Why should I trust you now!"

Megatron laughed again. "Oh, trust me. He's not the only one who's dead. If you come with me, I can show you."

You hesitate before nodding, pulling your femmeling closer to you. Megatron leads you out of the room, and you follow, albeit a bit cautiously. However he leads you to the flight deck, where you look over the edge cautiously and see the still intact Autobot base. You saw the Autobots on top, and your optics widen.

"They're not dead!" you yell. Megatron laughs.

"Oh, but they will be", Megatron says. You watch as they go back down into the base and you watch as a beam is shot at the base, blowing it up. Tears fill your optics as you collapse to your knees, holding your sparkling to your chest tightly.

Megatron laughed loudly over you, and you shake your head, trying to hide the fact that you knew if your sparkmate died, you would be dead soon. And then your sparkling would die because she wouldn't have you to take care if her. Maybe Starscream would be able to take of her, or Starscream's sparkmate.

Megatron pulled you to your pedes, and made you look him in the eyes.

"Now, let's take you back to your room", he growled. You follow him, silently crying the entire time.

You walk into your room without saying a word and refuse to let go of your sparkling. You heard the door lock, and started to allow your tears to come a little faster, your sobs a little louder. You couldn't believe that they were dead. You couldn't even feel them over the bond anymore. You were just glad your spark was strong enough on its own now.

You smile down at your sparkling, who had opened her optics. They sparkled a beautiful ocean blue at you, and reminded you of Bumblebee's optics.

Oh, how you missed your little bug. You wished you could see him. But now he's gone and you are left with only two family members left in this world. Your sparkling, and your brother. You didn't even have your sisters anymore. Tears started falling rapidly down your faceplate, which you didn't stop as you spoke to your sparkling.

"Oh, my little Ember. I'm so sorry. You won't ever meet your Sire. You only have me and your Uncle Starscream", you whisper. You hear a little coo come from the small sparkling and you smile softly.

"But we'll survive", you say with determination. "I won't let you die like your older sister did."