1-4-2: Providence Friars

After the Colgate Raiders were outplayed last Saturday, remember when I said face a familiar foe well the Colgate Raiders take a trip to Providence, Rhode Island to play Michael Lackey's Providence Friars. With 15:05 left in the first period Matt Koopman scored to make it 1-0 Friars. With 6:49 left in the first period Arnaud Vachon scored his second goal of the season to tie the game 1-1. Mitch Benson and Michael Lackey match zeros so we'll skate to the first intermission with a 1-1 tie. With 18:30 left in the second period Greg Printz scored to make it 2-1 Providence. Benson and Lackey match zeros for the remainder of the period so Providence leads 2-1 after forty minutes in Rhode Island. With 13:58 left in the third period Tyce Thompson scored to make it 3-1 Friars. With 8:57 left in the third period Jacob Panetta scored his first goal of the season to make it 3-2 Friars. With 5:11 left in the third period Colton Young scores and we've got ourselves a tie game 3-3. Mitch Benson and Michael Lackey match zeros for the rest of regulation so a whale of a game will head to overtime. Mitch Benson and Michael Lackey match zeros in overtime so we skate to a thrilling 3-3, overtime tie. Colgate goes to 1-4-3 on the season heading into a special weekend next weekend.