9-11-6: #2/3 Cornell Big Red (7-4-3 ECAC Hockey)

After a difficult loss last Saturday, the Colgate Raiders will return home to play their CNY foe, the Cornell Big Red in a home and home, weekend series. With 17:51 left in the first period Jeff Malott scored to make it 1-0 Red. With 14:10 left in the first period Bobby McMann scored his eighth goal of the season on the power play to tie the game 1-1. With 6:50 left in the first period Kyle Betts scored to make it 2-1 Cornell. With 3:20 left in the first period Morgan Barron scored on the power play to make it 3-1 Cornell. Matthew Galajda and Andrew Farrier match zeros for the remainder of the period so the second ranked Red lead 3-1 after 20 exciting minutes. With 6:25 left in the second period Morgan Barron scored his second goal of the game on the power play to make it 4-1 Cornell. Farrier and Galajda match zeros and Cornell takes a commanding 4-1 lead into the second intermission. Matthew Galajda was bored and Cornell demolished Colgate 4-1. Colgate drops to 9-12-6 on the season and 7-5-3 in ECAC Hockey play heading up to Ithaca tomorrow afternoon.

A/N:   So, a freak snow storm passed through Central New York on Friday and the regularly scheduled game for Friday was rescheduled for Sunday in Ithaca. Cornell and Colgate will head back to Lynah Rink on Sunday afternoon as previously mentioned to wrap up the weekend. I'll see you guys tomorrow afternoon when the Route 13 Rivalry resumes. Go Raiders!