Old feelings-Chapter 3

A/N: Soo I decided to start a new thing for this book where I give you the name of a song, and you guys open another tab to listen to it when I say play. I tried it and it really makes the book come to life, don’t play it too loud though or you can’t focus, just kinda ya know background music. But there won’t be any music for this chapter just the key points in the future parts of the book (: alright lovelies, enjoy the chapter! <3

_May’s POV_

“Care to explain why Harry Styles was my target?” I walk into Aunt Lisa’s office at headquarters and sit down in the chair in front of her desk, slamming my feet onto her table. I fold my arms, feeling pretty damn comfortable as glare at her as she slips through paper work.

“Aunt Lisa, tell me why he was ordered to be killed.” She was going to tell me, Harry couldn’t have done anything that bad, he’s a good guy. When we were in highschool he used to get made fun of and pushed around, but he never fought back the only time he did was when I was threatened.

*FLASHBACK*

“Stop it!” I yell as tears run down my cheeks, Harry was lying on the pavement bruised up. The bully stood over me smirking.

“What are you gonna do about it little bitch?” His friends laughed behind him at his rude comment.

Just then fifteen year old Harry slammed the bully to the ground, hitting him with punch after punch. I pried Harry off of him as the bully cried.

“Harry, that’s enough let’s go.” I tugged on his hoodie and pulled him away, we walked in silence to a little park we used to go to.

As we sat there on the swings Harry turned to me and said, “I’ll never let anyone hurt you, May. I’ll always be there for you. You mean everything to me.”

I looked at him with tears in my eyes, “You mean it?”

Harry nodded, his curls being blown in his face by the winter wind, “I promise.”

*END OF FLASHBACK*

And he was always there for me, when I found out I what my Aunt did, the tears I cried after my first kill at sixteen, the bullies, the nasty ‘uncle’. Everything. He was my rock, my best friend…my first love.

“May..I’m sorry.”

I blinked and came back to the present as my Aunt looked up at me, “Actually, he wasn’t your target, I found him for you. I knew how important he was to you, I saw the sadness in your eyes after he left. I sent you on that mission to find him, to get him back.”

My jaw dropped, “I almost killed him! I was second away from driving my knife into his back! What if I didn’t recognize him at the moment I did, what if I realized it was him as I stood over his dead body. I can’t believe you did this Aunt Lisa!”

I stood up out of my chair outraged, she could have just told me where he was and I wouldn’t have had to almost kill him!

“Maylee, calm down. I did it for the best, and you can thank me now, darling.” She grinned and stood up and gathered her papers.

I slowly smiled, she was right. I finally found my Harry because of her. “Thank you Aunt Lisa. Oh and I get tomorrow off right?”

She laughed giving me a hug, “Of course dear, have fun.”

--------------------------------------

“BUT SHE CAUGHT ME ON THE COUNTER, WASN’T ME, SAW ME BANGING ON THE SOFA, IT WASN’T ME, I EVEN HAD HER IN THE SHOWER, IT WASN’T-“