Slipping...-Chapter 32

_May’s POV_

My whole body tenses as I sit on the floor, my knee propping up my elbow that’s holding my loaded gun. Pointed straight at the head of my Aunt. My hearts beating a million beat a minute, I can see Kayla shifting practically under Niall, the blonde boy trying to completely shield her. Harry’s eyes are completely on me, eyes full of worried. Liam and Louis are shocked, completely frozen. Zayn just stays behind me on the floor, everyone’s afraid to move.

“Drop the gun Maylee.” Lisa says, her eyes not leaving mine. I glare at her before assessing the men behind her. Three of them I don’t know who they are but the other two I’ve known since I was a kid. One of them being Roger, the guy who always made sure I was okay on missions. The next was Colton, a twenty something year old friend of mine who arrived at the agency about a year ago, we had become good friends and always joked around with each other. Why were they doing this?

I shake my head, “You just tried to kill my friend. Why the fuck should I trust you?!” I snap back.

She sighs, “I don’t have time for this. Surrender.”

I snort, “Hell no. first you tell me why the hell you come busting in here shooting my friend and demanding the girl. Why the urgency, Lisa? I mean look at you, you’re holding a gun at the girl you raised.”

She blinks, her arms slacking a little, that was the first sign of surrender. “That’s classified. I don’t want to do this, but I’m going to need you to drop your gun and hand me the girl.” She glances over at Niall and Kayla who are practically morphed together as one, Niall glares up at her with his ice blue eyes, determination in his eyes.

“Bullshit. Classified my ass. Why is she so important?”

Lisa, sighs in frustration before she drops her arms. The men behind her relaxing and stepping back out of the room, I could see the relief in my co-workers eyes. They didn’t want to do this either.

I slowly drop mine, and stand up but I keep it by my side. Zayn sits up and slowly walks over to the wall, leaning against it as if he could just blend in. I keep my eyes on Lisa, but I can feel Harry’s presence next to me. I see Kayla out of the corner of my eye, scoot to the corner with all the boys huddling around her. Niall closest, I guess she’d became a little sister to all of them too. Except Niall he was obviously head over heels, and after this I’d completely accept it. If she would still be here…

“Why do you need her?” I ask, my eyes narrowing at my Aunt.

He sighs, running a hand through her short hair. “She’s the daughter of Michael and Rebeka.” My eyes widen, I glance over at Kayla who’s looking at the floor, her legs wrapped around herself.

“By blood? The daughter?” I ask in complete awe.

She nods, “She’s supposed to be the one to take my place at head of the agency.”

Michael and Rebeka were the most known about assassins in the US, Canada, and UK. They were feared by everyone, but one day they just dropped off the face of the earth. They disappeared and chaos broke out, people thought that since they weren’t around they didn’t have to live in fear anymore. That’s when the agency became feared, we took over for the US and UK, we became known as the ones not to mess with. I guess they disappeared to have a family together…they had Kayla.

“They were found in Australia in a run-down hotel, Kayla was stripped away from them and here we were. They were killed by enemies who were searching for them, but we got to them before they could kill Kayla. She’s born to lead and destroy. You can’t let the only dissidents of legends go to waste. If people knew we had-“

“Do you even hear yourself?!” I snap, feeling Harry tense next to me. He’s so close I can feel the fabric of his sleeve.

She stops, looking at me shocked of my outburst. I continue, “This girl,” I point to Kayla, who’d almost in tears in the corner. “Is sixteen, she probably saw her parents get taken away or even worse. Right before her eyes. Then she’s taken to some strange place where people like you are telling her and trying to teach her how to kill people! She doesn’t need that! She doesn’t need any of this. She’s been through hell can’t you just let her live a happy life!” I can feel anger rolling through me, my grip get tighter and tighter on my gun.

She groans, “How could you make her life any better?! You’re to messed up in the head, you can’t even think without having a meltdown.”

I glare at her, this woman raised me. Forced me to train, put me through hell. And now she’s yelling at me for something I can’t control. Something that she caused.

I suck hair in between my clenched jaw, “You made me like that, you had me killing at sixteen. You forced this life on me, my parents would be ashamed of you.”

She chuckles, darkness and bitterness filling her voice. “Your parents were idiots. They tried to escape the agency when your mom was pregnant with you. they were offered a chance to run the place, but they shot it down and gave it to me. They wanted another life, for you. But you what? As soon as you were born, her parents killed yours. You’re parents held you once, before Michael and Rebeka stormed in and killed everyone.”

I glance down at Kayla, who’s wide eyed, tears streaked down her cheeks. She mouths sorry to me before burying her face in Nialls chest.

I feel tears fill my eyes, “I used to trust you, I loved you. I thought of you as my only family. But now? You’re dead to me. And over my dead body are you getting Kayla.”

She shrugs, bringing the gun to head again. I take a step back along with Harry, I raise mine up a second after she does. But I guess that was a little too late, her eyes flicker over to Harry. I dodge in front of him as loud two bang fills the air, I had pulled my trigger, but so did she. I feel sharp agonizing pain in the side of my head. I see blackness fill the corner of my vision before completely fogging it, I feel my body give out, the sounds around me, slowly becoming muffled.

As I fall, I see Harry’s green eyes, behind him I see Niall punching and thrashing at two men. I hear Kayla screaming, I look back at the green eyes above me. I can hear yelling, and feel my body being shook but just lay here. Slowly losing all senses. I want to scream and kick, to get Kayla back but I know I can’t. all I can do it stare into those beautiful green eyes I fell in love with. I hoped I wouldn’t be alone in death. I hope I found something as beautiful as Harry wherever I’m going, I was really going to miss him…I didn’t feel any more pain. I just felt numb, frozen in my own body. I guess death was just as icy as people told it to be.

The last thing I remember is the face of the boy I’d always loved, I slowly feel myself slipping from inside, like my own body was a black hole. Slowly slipping…

A/N: It’s short I know! But don’t hate me, I’ll update soon and you’ll see that this had to happen. xx