Pushing-Chapter 35

_May’s POV_

Have you ever felt weak? Like nothing was going right? Like the world was sitting on your shoulders and there’s nothing you could do to get it off except get stronger? But it’s not that easy. Getting stronger was hard, really hard.

“Come one, May. You can do it. Hit me.” Zayn says as he holds a pillow in front of his chest.

I wince as my fist hits the pillow for the fiftieth time, I can hear my heart ringing in my ears. Sweat pouring down my back, when you’re stuck in a coma for two months without sweating it kind of builds up. My breathing labors as I try and hit it one last time, my muscles ache, my heads throbbing. It’s been a week and two days since I got dismissed from the hospital. I ate for at least two days straight before leaving, they said I was healthy as I hoarse so I could go. I didn’t much right after I got home but the past five days or so I’ve been working with the boys trying to get my strength back. Since the tour was over we were home in London but I was staying at the boys place instead of going home. Harry wanted me with him until I was perfectly healed. The doctors said I would headaches and dizziness from time to time, but nothing too serious. Of course my over protective boyfriend wanted to watch over me, which I don’t mind, I didn’t really want to explain it to Joey yet anyway. I missed that bastard.

“One more May. You can do it.” Niall says standing next to me. He’d been pushing me to train as soon as I was out of the hospital.

I can hear my own breathing, I sounded like an eighty year old woman. “Niall, I can’t. I have to take a break.” I drop my fists to my sides and take a step back, feeling extremely tired. My head was killing me, I could feel my scar throbbing. I had my stiches taken out yesterday which was nice, I could finally lay on that side of my head without being in pain.

I feel a strong arm around my waist, “Here sit down and I’ll get you some water.”

I nod, thanking Harry as I sit down. I lean over and set my elbows on my knees, my head in my palms.

“She had to keep going, how else are we going to get Kayla out? She could be suffering. Thinking we gave up on her.”  I hear Niall say to Harry in the kitchen.

I sigh as I feel Louis sit next to me on the large leather couch in their living room, “It’s okay, love. Niall’s just worried and wanting to see his Kayla again. If you’re not ready then we can just keep perfecting the plan and just wait till you’re physically healthy. Hell you just came out of a coma, May.”

I look up at him, “But I want to do this for Niall, for Kayla. But I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus.”

He sighs and puts a hand on my shoulder, “You’re an amazing person, May.”

I smile, “Thanks Lou.”

He returns the smile and gets up walking into the kitchen to see what’s going on. I knew Niall was upset and angry at me, he wanted me to save her. But I just couldn’t what would be the point of busting in there when I couldn’t even fight my way out?

Harry comes walking back into the room with a glass of water, his features ridged. “Here you go babe.”

I take the glass and take small sips, my breathing slows as I become more relaxed, my muscles slowly unclenching.

“Alright, come on let’s try your knives again.” Niall says holding up my favorite pair of throwing knives

I shake my head, I can feel Harry rubbing my back, automatically soothing me. “I can’t Niall, I’ve been doing this for two hours. I’m done for today. We’ll do more tomorrow, I promise.”