forty.

I sat in a seat on the other side of Steve, my IV bag hoisted up on the pole as I sat in my chair, Sam sitting on the other side of Steve as Marvin Gaye played in the background through the speaker Sam's iPod was playing through

I sat in a seat on the other side of Steve, my IV bag hoisted up on the pole as I sat in my chair, Sam sitting on the other side of Steve as Marvin Gaye played in the background through the speaker Sam's iPod was playing through. I had a book sitting in my lap, flicking through the pages as I read them.

Sam bobbed his head as he bit into a muffin he had managed to sneak into the hospital, wiping crumbs away from the corners of his mouth as he sung the lyrics to the song under his breath lightly. "It's too loud" I croaked to Sam, looking up from my book. My voice was slowly getting stronger over the last few days, being able to say shorter sentences and even hold a conversation with what I could say. "Sorry" he said to me, turning around and turning it down slightly, letting me go back to reading my book, trying to take in some words which wasn't happened.

"On your left" a voice said in the room, causing me to looking away from my book, looking ahead as I scrunched my eyebrows confused. Suddenly I remembered there was another person in the room, turning to look at Steve who had one of his eyes opened ever so slightly. Sam looking over at me, smiling down at his friend as he scooted his chair closer to the bed. "Hey" I said as I moved my legs around to the bed, setting my book down as I sat on the edge of my seat, grabbing Steve's hand in mines.

"Hi" He sighed as he opened his eyes fully, adjusting to the light in the room. "How'd you feel?" I asked him, my voice hoarse causing him to look at me weirdly. "My voice, it's not so good" I told him, touching my throat with my free hand, causing him to nod his head once.

"How long has it been?" he asked, looking over at Sam, as he tried to stretch out his neck, clearly being a bit stiff. "Almost a month" Sam replied, pushing himself out of his chair, pressing play on the music as he walked towards the door. "I'm going to grab someone" he said as he left the room, leaving the door open as Steve looked over at me, his eyebrows scrunched slightly, probably as much as he could right now.

"I tried to get him off of you, I promise, but once I did you were knocked out" Steve told me, wrapping his fingers around mines, now holding my hand as he squeezed it tightly. "It's okay, I'm okay" I told him, nodding my head as I looked down at the bed, patting Steve's hand with my free hand. "He pulled me from the water, I remember, but I don't know what happened after that" he said, laying his head back and letting it sink into the pillow as he let his eyes close.

"It's okay, he's alive that's all that matters" I said, swallowing quickly, my throat hurting a bit. "We'll find him" He said to me as I nodded my head, Sam walking back in as a doctor trailed behind him, taking his stethoscope off of his neck as he walked over to the other side of the bed. "How are you feeling Mr Rogers?" the doctor asked as he placed his stethoscope in his ears, checking Steve's heart quickly.

"Well rested" Steve joked, the doctor smiling as we all sat in silence, letting the doctor listen. "Your heart sounds fine, it's beating a little fast but we had that issue with Miss Ivankova as well, so it seems to be a side effect of your serums" The doctor said, putting his instrument back around his neck.

"You've been asleep for a while, but there's clearly no brain damage" he said as he shook his head slightly, all of our eyes on him as he cleared his throat, feeling under pressure. "We would have a run a few more tests and keep you here for a while for observing but if everything comes back negative you should be perfectly fine to leave and go back to-" he started, stopping himself and trailing off at the end as he didn't know what to say.

"Back to what you've been doing I guess" he said with a nervous chuckle, looking over at me. I smiled at him lightly, not wanting him to feel embarrassed or awkward. "Thank you" Steve said to him, nodding his head in gratitude.

"No problem" the doctor said as he smiled at us all, leaving the room and clicking the door shut as he left. Sam sitting in his chair as I moved back into mines normally, no longer basically falling off of it. Sam sniffed wiping his nose as he looked over at all of us, cocking his head to the side as he scrunched his nose.

"Anyone up for burritos?"

——

A/N: And Steve's awake finally
i'm basically doing a mass update tonight so I can get book 4 up and running
so please vote and comment if you have liked my stories so far, and prepare yourself for book 4!!

A/N: And Steve's awake finally i'm basically doing a mass update tonight so I can get book 4 up and runningso please vote and comment if you have liked my stories so far, and prepare yourself for book 4!!