one.

We all stood in the back of a stealth jet, looking at the screen Rumlow was swiping, going through the mission brief to the Strike team

We all stood in the back of a stealth jet, looking at the screen Rumlow was swiping, going through the mission brief to the Strike team. I was offered to be leader of this mission but I didn't want it, plus Rumlow's ego couldn't get any bigger even if he tried so no harm done either way.

Steve stood at my side, Nat on the other, all of us in our mission suits, our weapons of choice at our sides. My staff was standing in front of me as I held it in my hand, one end pushing against the floor and one hand on the other end, staring at the screen displaying green images.

"The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago" Rumlow said to us as Nat pursed her lips, both of us looking at the blueprint and starting to devise a plan already.

"How many pirates?" Steve asked him, causing me to be snapped out of my planing daze, looking at Natasha who cocked her eyebrow at me, as it had been a while since we had a mission this exciting. Her widow bites securely strapped around her wrists, ready to use them for the first time I made long time. "Twenty-five, top mercs, led by this guy. Georges Batroc"

A picture of Batroc was staring back at us from the monitor, Rumlow swiping it away before pulling up a copy of this guys preface file sheet. "Ex-DGSE, Action Division, he's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had thirty-six kill missions, this guy's got a rep for maximum casualties" Rumlow told us, moving his hand so we all got a clear ready of what was on the screen.

"Ally, you'll kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow, you sweep aft, find the hostages. Nat, track down Batroc and then tell me once you've scouted him. Let's move" Steve said to us, turning around and walking to the other end of the jet where the parachutes were, both Nat and I following him, Rumlow directing the rest of the team.

"Strike, you heard the Cap, gear up" Rumlow growled to the other men, causing them to start suiting up in their chutes. "Here" I said to both Nat and Steve, giving them both an ear piece which they put in their ear of choice.

"Secure Chanel 7" Steve said into his wrist radio, the sound coming through on both mines and Natasha's networks. "Chanel secure" I said into my own, picking up a parachute pack off of the hook and slinging it onto my back, securing the strap around my waist.

"Got any plans Saturday night?" Natasha asked Steve, smirking at him as she adjusted the straps over her shoulders, pulling them securely. Steve laughed lightly, clicking his shield to the magnets on the back of his abdomen armour, the noise audible to everyone around him. "Well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead" Steve replied smugly, making me laugh lightly.

"Wouldn't call the commandos barbershop quartet status would you?" I asked him, cocking my eyebrows at him, remembering the ear screeching singing from the nights at the pub. "No, not really" Steve replied to me, shaking his head as he looked down at his feet before the pilots voice rang out through the loud speaker.

"Coming up by the drop zone, Cap, Ebollium" the husk voice said as we both made our way to the back of the plane as the ramp dropped the black night sky staring back at us. "You know, if you ask Kristen out, from Statistics, she'd probably say yes" Natasha shouted at Steve, using her hands to make our voice even louder.

"That's why I don't ask" Steve replied, moving towards the drop from the plane backwards, still talking to Nat. "Too shy or too scared?" Nat asked him, shrugging her shoulders.

"Too busy" Steve shouted before leaping out of the plane, me following suit afterwards. I leaped out of the plane, pulling my legs to my chest and flipping through the air a few times before flattening out, falling smoothly towards the ocean, yanking the strings on my pack once a reasonably close distance to the boat.

Let's get this party started.

——

A/N: So the first chapter is down!
Once again I would just like to say thanks for continuing to read my books, thank you to every single one of you.
Please continue reading, voting and commenting and I will see you all soon