nineteen.

"How are you feeling?" I asked Nat as we stood in the kitchen, both men somewhere else in the house as I leaned against the counter as she washed the last plate

"How are you feeling?" I asked Nat as we stood in the kitchen, both men somewhere else in the house as I leaned against the counter as she washed the last plate. "Fine" She said bluntly, setting the dish into the rack and looking over at me with a weak smile.

"Nat, don't lie to me" I said to her softly, trying not to strike a wrong nerve. "I grew up being taught that I was on the right side, and when Clint saved me I realised there was a whole different way of life, but I guess I traded the KGB for HYDRA" She said to me, turning to face me and wiping her hands on a small towel.

"I know the feeling" I said to her with a somber smile, trying not to act so depressed, knowing that I had to put on a brave face, especially for Steve. "What bed were you at the Red Room?" Natasha asked me, causing me to be taken back a little bit. Nat and I never really spoke about our times at the Red Room with each other, we liked to leave that life in the past, so it was a big shock that she asked me that.

"I had about 3? A lot of girls left" I said quietly, bowing my head, remember the amount of girls that had 'left' during my time there. "I started in 5 and ended in 3" I added on, causing her to raise her eye brows at me.

"You always had weapons in the morning, unlucky" She replied with a smile, trying to make light of our experience. "You see, I started at 17 and got to 8, I had a mixture of weapons and ballet in the morning" she said to me, setting the towel down on the counter behind her.

"9 girls left your class?" I asked her, thinking that isn't that many girls to have left a class, mines having 16 girls go. "No 11 did but the others were all in bed lower than mines, we were the class that graduated the most assassins" She said as if it was nothing, which it definitely wasn't.

"How many Black Widows?" I asked her, wondering how many girls were deemed the honour of the serum. "Just me" She shrugged, knowing that was impressive for a class that graduated 17 girls. "What about yours?" She asked me.

"Just me, it was still quite a new thing when I was at the Red Room, only 1 girl a class got it" I told her, presuming she didn't know the history of the KGB like I did, considering I lived through most of it. "Yet you get the superhero name of Black Widow" I scoff with a laugh, realising that is what the press had been calling her, yet I was also known as a Black Widow technically within the KGB ranks.

"Ebollium isn't so bad" She said with a shrug, trying to make me feel better. "It's bad ass, thank you very much" I said in a matter of fact tone, knowing she thought her persona was better than mines. "Not everyone can have a cool name" Steve said as he walked into join us his old set of clothes on now clean thanks to Sam's washer and drier.

"Shut up" I mumbled under my breath, Sam walking in with my stack of clothes and handing them to me, though I wasn't going to wear them as Natasha brought me some of my own clothes. "Thank you" I said with an appreciative smile and setting them on the counter next to me. "Are you sure you want to do this Sam?" I asked him as he stood on the other side of the counter with his arms crossed.

"Hell yeah" he replied with a smirk, Nodding his head slowly. "Oh, SHILED tracked down your car" Natasha said, pointing to me, causing Steve to look over at me. "And?" I asked, hoping to hear some funny story about the guy i traded my car with. "They raided his house, apparently scared the guy so much he could have died, and then they took the car back" She said with a smile on her face, finding it just as funny as I did. "Well, his car is probably in a million bits by now" I said with a laugh, Natasha laughing with me. "That's not funny" Steve said, looking between the two of us with a furrowed brow.

"No need to be so negative"

——

A/N: so there's a little more backstory to both Natasha and Ally's time in the Red Room.
Honestly the Natasha and Ally chapters are one of my favourite to write as I imagine them having a rather sister like friendship.
Please vote and comment and I will see you soon