six.

I tapped my nails against the table as I waiting for this meeting to actually get started

I tapped my nails against the table as I waiting for this meeting to actually get started. An intern practically chased me through the lobby to get me to come to this meeting, screaming my name as she did so, which made everyone stare, which is clearly my favourite thing in the world.

I sat at one of the long tables at one of the many conference rooms in the Triskelion, Fury sitting opposite me and Pierce sitting further up the table. For once I agreed to come to a Directors meeting, because Fury called it an not Pierce, so it was probably actually going to be important unlike how boring they usually are.

"I work forty floors away and it takes a hijacking for you to visit?" Pierce asked me, breaking the silence that was mingling in the air, both Fury and I turning to face Pierce. "Well, a nuclear war would do it too" I replied sarcastically, crossing my legs under the table, and cocking one of my eyebrows waiting for a response.

"Busy with the World Security Council?" Fury asked him, a hint of urgency in his voice, itching to tell us whatever this meeting was called about. "Nothing some earmarks can't fix" Pierce replied without missing a beat, a smirk on his face as he said so.

"I'm here to ask a favor" Fury said to us, leaning forward in his chair, clasping his hands in front of him on the table. Both Pierce and I were listening intently, because obviously the only reason Fury needed us both in the same room was to ask us to do something for him.

"I want us to call for a vote, Project insight has to be delayed" Fury said to both of us, looking between us as he did so, begging us to agree with him. "Why?" I asked him, not sure he realised how big it would be to call a halt to something this big. "Nick, that's not a favor, that's a subcommittee hearing" Pierce disagreed, not grasping the concept either.

"It could be nothing, probably is nothing, I just need time to make sure it's nothing" Fury stated, squaring off his shoulders. I furrowed my eyebrows, this being really out of character for him, then I remembered the firewalls from the files I tried to crack the other day, and more importantly, who set them all. "What if it's something?" I asked him, one eyebrow raised as I was curios what he's say.

"Then we'll all be damn glad those Helicarriers aren't in the air" Fury replied bluntly looking over at me, waiting for approval from me. "Fine by me" I replied, shrugging my shoulders as Fury looked up the table to see Pierce looking very sceptical.

"Fine. But you gotta get Iron Man to stop by my niece's birthday party" Pierce said causing me to scoff.

"Thank you, sir" Fury said as Pierce stood up, moving round the table to shake his hand. "And not just a flyby, he's got to mingle" Pierce added, pointing to Fury before leaving the room, leaving the two of us alone in silence.

"Have fun convincing Tony to do that"

——

A/N: I know this is a very short chapter, but i'll update again in the next 2 minutes to make up for it I promise!
This scene did really happen in the movie, but just between Fury and Pierce obviously.
Please vote and comment, and I will see you soon.