fourteen.

I drove my car into the parking lot of the mall, finding a parking space closer to the doors so we could leave quicker if we were comprised

I drove my car into the parking lot of the mall, finding a parking space closer to the doors so we could leave quicker if we were comprised. Steve wore a blue jacket, a matching blue hat pulled on it his head and a pair of glasses on his face.

I hate braided my hair tightly, the very short braids being accompanied by a turtle neck pink knitted sweater and light blue jeans. If Rumlow came here to look for me, he definitely wouldn't be looking for the person in colour, considering all I wore was black. The quick drop off at Target was stressful, but we couldn't show up in the clothes we were wearing in the hospital, just incase they were tracking us and or looking at security footage of us.

"The hat is doing nothing to disguise you" I told him as we stood on the escalator, making our way to the second floor and into the Apple store. "You bought a pink sweater" Steve joked to me, pulling at my sweater as I swatted his hand away from my torso, walking over to a secluded bench of laptops in the large bright store.

"Yeah, you ever seen me in something that's not black?" I asked him as I pulled the USB from his pocket without asking, plugging it into the computer. "Touché" He laughed, watching as I started typing. "The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up SHIELD will know exactly where we are" I say to him as I look up at him, seeing him nod at me slowly.

"How much time do we have?" Steve asked as I got ready, cracking my knuckles quickly. "Nine minutes from now" I said to him as I pushed the enter button, typing away as I quick as I could, not stopping to think, just trying everything I could to find the information I was looking for.

"Fury was right about that ship, somebody's trying to hide something. This drive is protected by some sort of AI, it keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands" I told him as I tried to find another way in. "Can you override it?" he asked me, causing me to bite my bottom lip as I was deep in thought.

"The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me" I said to him quietly, continuing to type. "Slightly" I repeated as I finally made my way in, having to combat with another algorithm. "I'm gonna try running a tracer. This is a program that SHIELD developed to track hostile malware, so if we can't read the file, maybe we can find out where it came from" I said to him in between clicks, someone talking to us making me flinch slightly.

"Can I help you guys with anything?" an employee with the classic blue shirt said to us l, causing me to smile at him, grabbing Steve's bicep. "My fiancé was just helping me with some honeymoon destinations" I said to him with a sweet voice, a wide smile on my face as I pinched Steve lightly, telling him to act along with it as well.

"Right. We're getting married" Steve said i enthusiastically, causing me to roll my eyes once I looked away from the man, back to the computer, my algorithm having worked, making me find out the next step to our little adventure. "Congratulations. Where do you guys thinking about going?" The employee asked as I pulled a map point onto my screen, Steve looking at the monitor and seeing the signal trace.

"New Jersey" Steve said simply, causing the man to nod slowly with a slight confusion on his face. The realisation hits his face, causing both of us to cringe lightly, scared of what will come next. It's not everyday you had 2 Avengers in your store.

"I have the exact same glasses" he exclaimed, causing me to let out a breath I wasn't even aware I was holding. "Wow, you two are practically twins" I said bluntly, causing the employee to scoff with a chuckle. "Yeah, I wish" He added, motioning to Steve's upper body.

"Specimen" He whispered under his breath before holding up his name card to us. "If you guys need anything, I've been Aaron" he told to us with a small smile and walking away, Steve sighing and turning back around to me, setting one hand on the table.

"You said nine minutes, come on" Steve nagged at me causing me to type a little faster. "Relax, i've got it" I said to him as the map zoomed in to Wheaton, New Jersey. "Isn't that where-" I started, looking over at Steve who was nodding his head.

"Yeah, cmon lets go" Steve said pulled the drive from the computer, shutting everything down and leading me out of the store, about to turn right until we say 2 members of the STRIKE team walking towards us.

"Put your arm around me" I said to Steve, who looked at me confused. "Do it" I whispered to him as the two men got closer. Steve threw his arm around my shoulders as I pushed my hand into his back pocket. "Laugh" I told him as I started giggling, looking up at him as he looked down at me, the two SHIELD members walking straight past us, not noticing.

"Standard tac-team. Two behind, to across, two going into the store" Steve said to me as we stayed entangled with each other, making me shift a little under his touch. "We need to go" I said to Steve, navigating is towards the escalator, Steve letting go of me and going first, standing on the step beneath mines.

"Shit" I whispered as Steve saw Rumlow coming up the escalator next to us, turning around to me and looking up, showing Rumlow the back of his head. He put his finger on his earpiece, talking to the other agents in this building. "Erm" I hesitated as he got closer to us, turning his head in our direction.

In a split second I took Steve's face in my hands, pushing my lips to his. I closed my eyes as he was startled for a minute, before he unclenched his jaw, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me towards him. It was a gentle kiss, but his lips moved in sync with mine as he kissed me back. We reached the end of the escalator and I pulled away from Steve, still in his arms as I looked up the other escalator, seeing Rumlow looking in the other direction from our escalator, showing my plan worked.

"What was that?" Steve asked me as I nodded my head at the end of the escalator, causing him to let go of me, turning around and walking towards the doors sitting between 2 stores. "Public displays of affection make people uncomfortable" I said quietly as I wiped the side of my mouth, the kiss even making me uncomfortable.

"Yeah they do" Steve said as he cleared his throat, itching the back of his neck as we found ourself in the very busy parking lot, the warm air blowing last us. "Are you uncomfortable?" I asked him, looking over at him as our eyes met.

"Not exactly the word I would use"

——

A/N: so yes i'm going to admit that I actually really liked writing this chapter, i've had it in my mind for a while that Ally would take up Natasha's role in this scene and I'm just a really big fan of how it turned out.
Please vote and comment and I will see you very soon