three.

I was sitting in Fury's penthouse office as he pushed the USB drive I had acquired into his laptop

I was sitting in Fury's penthouse office as he pushed the USB drive I had acquired into his laptop. Sure it felt bad having to lie to Steve, but when I had a mission I never failed to get it completed.

Steve burst into the room, causing me to turn in my chair to see him slam the door with steam coming from his ears, ready to rip the head off of Fury if need be. "You just can't stop yourself from lying, can you?" Steve asked Fury with a raised voice, walking towards Fury's desk with his hands on his hips, clearly very pissed off at me.

"I didn't lie, Agent Ivankova had a different mission than yours" Fury shrugged, not even looking up at Steve as he continued scrolling on his laptop. "Which neither of you felt obliged to share" Steve scoffed, looking down at me quickly, causing me to avert eye contact from him, looking out the large windows.

"I'm not obliged to do anything" Fury finally bellowed, outing his hands on the desk and standing up slowly. Steve noticeably swallowed, clearly intimated by Fury, he was his boss to be fair. "Those hostages could've died, Nick" Steve countered to him, using his hand and pointing in the air, trying to add emphasis to the fact I could have ruined the mission. Which I didn't may i add.

"I sent the greatest soldier in history to make sure that didn't happen" Nick replied to him, shaking his head slowly, causing me to furrow my eyebrows. "Hey, I'm right here" I said quietly, earning a sharp look from Steve, which made mclean back in my chair slightly. "Soldiers trust each other, that's what makes it an army. Not a bunch of guys running around and shooting guns" Steve told him, like a parent scolding their child.

"The last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye" Fury said to him firmly, causing me to roll my eyes. As much as he liked saying he lost his eye fighting the Skrulls back in the 90s everyone knew it was the cat. "Look, I didn't want you doing anything you weren't comfortable with, Agent Ivankova is comfortable with everything" Fury added, pointing over at me.

"Wow, I'm not up for everything don't go around telling people that" I said with my hands up in mock surrender, earning similar looks from both men, making me squirm in my seat slightly. "I can't lead a mission when the people I'm leading have missions of their owns" Steve argued with Fury, pointing at me as he said that.

"It's called compartmentalization. Nobody spills the secrets because nobody knows them all" Fury told him, beginning to walk over to the elevator door that led straight up to his office, which was always a perk of the penthouse. "Except you" Steve said under his breath as I stood up, following Fury, looking around to Steve and widening my eyes, telling him to follow me.

"You're wrong about me. I do share, I'm nice like that" Fury said with no emotion, countering the him calling himself nice part. He stepped into the elevator, both super soldiers following him as the doors closed, the elevator not moving, it being a voice activated one. I looked over at Fury, interesting in where we were going. "Insight bay" Fury said loudly to the computer, which made me excited, true Insight Bay being a fun part of the compound.