twelve.

"Holy shit" I said under my breath as I ran outside, everyone seeing the body falling to the floor, starting to shout and move back into the building

"Holy shit" I said under my breath as I ran outside, everyone seeing the body falling to the floor, starting to shout and move back into the building. As I got outside Steve landed on the ground with a loud thump, laying on top of his shield as he groaned, standing up slowly.

"We need to go" He said to me as he saw me running towards him, repositioning my bag and lacing one arm throw the strap. "Take your bike, I'm going out the back in my car" I said to him quickly, looking around for people chasing after him.

"Meet me at the garage on Park, we need to swing by the hospital" He said to me quickly before I nodded, waking the way to the parking lot under ground where my car was kept, along with the rest of the director cars.

I didn't question why he needed to go to the hospital, making my way down the concrete stairs to my car. The fact he just fell through 40 flights of thin air and was managed to recover as quickly as that was remarkable, but I had to get out of here as quick as I could, not risking the fact that Steve had to be escaping something, which made him an enemy of SHILED. And I was currently his accomplice.

I found myself in a concrete room with flickering lights, a fleet of black cars surrounding me. I weaved my way through them, finding my one by unlocking it and simply following the flashes of light. I threw my bag into the back seat through the drivers door, getting in and putting the keys in the ignition as fast as possible, clicking in my seat belt and pushing my foot down on the gas as soon as possible.

This garage had a long tunnel leading under the Potomac River, which was between Washington DC and Virginia, the tunnel leading out to the Virginia side of the river. Sure, I'd then have to drive back over the bridge, which would take about 30 minutes, but I had a feeling Steve would be held up with something anyway.

There was absolutely no security on this side of the river, just a simple barrier that a swipe of my smart watch would lift, letting me out and driving on the busy road once again. I drove as fast as I could, basically sitting on the speed limit, going over it every once in a while.

I leaned back in my seat, setting both hands on the wheel as I drove down the road, holing I didn't get pulled over, or see a black SUV following me.

!

I pulled into the small road where the run down car garage sat on Park, the black smoke coming from the Triskelion visible in the distance.  I had no idea what Steve did, but something got blown up, and I'd rather not know about it.

Steve was already standing there, leaning against his bike as he looked left and right nervously, seeing my car make its way up to him, causing him to walk towards it before I even stopped. I pulled it into a drift, stopping it so that the door was in front of him as he climbed in, setting his shield behind his seat on the back, tapping on the dashboard telling me to drive.

"There's a change of clothes for you in my trunk" I said as I looked over at him, seeing that he had dirt on his face as he pulled his cowl over his head and threw it in the back. "Okay" he said nodding his head slowly, looking at the car with furrowed brows.

"Is this a SHIELD car? Won't it be tracked?" he said to me, looking around the car for some reason. "No, remember when I called Code 412, it stops all tracking of SHIELD issued technology" I said to him, shaking my head as he nodded slowly once again.

"Where are we going?" I asked him as I pulled out onto the main road again, stopping behind the line of cars that were stopped behind a light. "The hospital, I need to pick something up" he said, rubbing his hands on his padded trousers of his mission suit. "Okay, what happened?" I asked him, causing him to sigh, not even needing to say what I was talking about.

"Ambush in the elevator, 8 or 9 guys" he said to me, keeping his eyes fixed on the road as the light flicked to green. "You made it out" I said sharply, a smirk on my face, showing I had no sympathy for him.

"What's in your bag?" he asked me, nodding towards the back of the car. "I can see stacks of money falling out of it, and a hand gun" He said with closer inspection, basically hearing the smile on his lips.

"Can you fix that I don't want to be arrested when I get pulled over" I told him causing him to chuckle, setting my bag up as well as he could. "Remind me why we are going to the hospital?" I said to him after he looked over at me again, causing him to exhale through his mouth. "I need to buy some gum" he said to me mysteriously causing me to furrow my brow.

"Could have got that at CVS, but okay"

——

A/N: and it's all getting starteddddd
Sometimes I never know what to write at the end of a chapter, so i write absolutely nothing but it's low key funny.
Please vote and comment and I will see you soon