twenty-eight.

Natasha and I were outside on the bridge that was connected to the dam, which is where the secret hideout seemed to be

Natasha and I were outside on the bridge that was connected to the dam, which is where the secret hideout seemed to be. We sat on the wall, watching the wind blow through the green trees that spread in the distance for as long as we could see.

Our shoulders touched as we breathed out of sync, Nat taking a breath in as I exhaled. We sat in silence, walking a flock of birds fly over the trees, their innocence captivating us in their flee to warmer climate. "He's going to be there, you know?" Natasha said softly, a slight rasp in her voice due to the fact she hadn't spoken in a while.

There was a few beats between her question and my reply, my stomach flipping at the mention of me having to see Bucky again, not mentally prepared for the toll that came along with it. "I know" I replied, not looking over at her as I continued to look ahead, nodding my head gently.

Neither of us spoke for a while, the sun slowly setting, not seeing us again until the monstrous day that was set to take place tomorrow. "Whoever he used to be, may be the one you know" She started, her voice soft and dainty as she knew she was striking a nerve within me. "The guy he is now isn't the kind of guy you save" she continued, looking over at me as I bowed my head to look at me lap, picking at my nails.

"I know" I said again, at a lost for words. I wanted to save him, I felt like I needed to save him. But I knew I couldn't, he doesn't know who I am anymore.

"Ally" Nat started, turning to face me, crossing her legs on the thick wall as she looked over at me. "I know that you love him, and I know you want to help him" She started as I looked over at her, her eyes pleading me to listen to what she was saying. "But I need to know that when you come face to face with him tomorrow that you won't forget who the real enemy is" She added, causing me to nod my head to her voice slowly.

"I know, Nat" I told her, a soft smile on my face which was returned with one of her very own. "You know what I have to do tomorrow right?" I told her, trying to change the subject to my mission which would highly effect both of us in the long run. "Yeah" She said to me, her voice higher than usual.

"And how do you feel about it?" I asked her, knowing she was hiding something from me. She exhaled deeply, looking over at the view before looking back at me. "It's what has to be done" She said with a shrug, brushing it off like it wasn't going to do anything.

"At one point I was the best HYDRA agent there was, I have the second highest kills in history, I was Russian spy" I started, not entirely sure how the world was going to feel after they found out I was a sympathiser and an assassin for the Soviet Union. "And I don't think the world is going to want a Soviet Slug on the team that they put their trust into" I said looking over at her to see her green eyes staring straight back into mines.

"It's going to be okay" she said to me, reaching forward and grabbing my hand and holding it in hers. "Guys" Steve shouted as he came jogging towards us, causing me to pull my hands away from Nat and hop off of the wall, standing in front of him. "We should get going, I need to go grab something from somewhere" he said looking back the way he came to see Sam walking out of the dam towards us as well. "Okay, should I ask?" I asked him, Sam
catching up with us as we all started walking to the other end of the bridge.

"I think you'd prefer it if you didn't"

——

A/N: this chapter is both really short and really late I apologise
i'm on Autumn break at the moment so expect the chapters to be rolling in because I have nothing to do anyway
please vote and comment and I will see you soon hopefully

A/N: this chapter is both really short and really late I apologise i'm on Autumn break at the moment so expect the chapters to be rolling in because I have nothing to do anyway please vote and comment and I will see you soon hopefully