thirty-seven.

I watched as people made their way past my room, many holding flowers to take to their loved ones who were on the same floor as I was

I watched as people made their way past my room, many holding flowers to take to their loved ones who were on the same floor as I was. Natasha told me there were people down in the lobby for the first few days we were brought here, trying to get information on both Steve and I, as we were all over the news and internet.

Natasha had stepped out of the room for a moment, going to grab herself a coffee from the coffee shop in the lobby of the hospital. It had been a day since I woke up, and the lack of talking and eating was really driving me insane. The room was completely silent, and my neck brace was starting to get annoying.

I looked over at the table on wheels that was sitting by my bed, a bouquet of flowers and Natasha's magazines sitting on the table underneath the TV remote. I reached over and grabbed it, pushing the on button as I pointed it at the TV which was bolted to the wall at the end of my bed, the screen lighting up as a news channel came on. "Two weeks after the demolition of the Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division, also known as SHIELD, headquarters damage control has finally started" the ladies voice started, showing the rubble that was once the triskellion flashing onto the screen.

"The organisation responsible for putting together The Avengers, little would they know three of their very own agents would bring the whole firm down" she continued, footage of the building collapsing followed with clips of EMTs and firemen pulling out people from the rubble. "Captain America, Ebollium and Black Widow were involved in the destruction of the firm" she said as pictures of the three of us appeared on the screen causing me to blink a few times. "It was also revealed that our very own Avengers Ebollium and Black Widow were soviet agents only decades ago" her voice said as copies of the files I released flashed onto the screen, the page being my HYDRA file.

"And while we all thought Allison Cooper was a war veteran it turns out she was on the other side, being part of the Russians as she infiltrated the SSR" the woman's voice rung out as all the pictures disappeared, her face coming back to the screen once again. "And now I ask you, how do we feel about a Russian spy being on the team in which we put our lives in their hands. Back to the studio" she said as I grabbed the remote, turning the TV off as quickly as I could.

I bit my bottom lip, taking the remote in my hand and throwing it at the wall, the thing snapping and falling to the ground, leaving a small mark on the wall. I let my head fall back onto the pillow behind me, squeezing my eyes shut tightly. People were already asking themselves if it was a good idea to have me on the team, which is exactly what I was scared of.

The door opened again, Natasha coming in with two coffees in her hand, a bright smile on her face as she poked her head in the door. "Look who I found" she said as I looked over at her, the anger in my eyes evident as her face dropped the door opening wider as Clint walked in, pulling off his sunglasses and cap with his free hand, the other holding Lila up on her hip. "Auntie Ally" she squealed as Clint put her down, a smile breaking out on my face.

Natasha noticed the remote, setting the coffees down and picking up the broken pieces of the remote as quickly as possible, setting them on the small table in the corner for right now. Clint put Lila down on the floor as she ran over to the side of my bed, grabbing my hand in her small hand. "Remember sweetie, she can't talk right now she's sick" Clint said to her as he walked up behind her, setting his hat and glasses on the end of my bed, stand in next to me and he bent down and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, hugging me gently.

"I'm glad you're okay" he said to me as Natasha passed him over a chair, Clint taking it and sitting down in it, Lila crawling onto his lap. "I tried to get here a while ago but it took some time to convince Laura to let me bring one of the kids" Clint started, a smile on his face as he bounced his knee up and down, Lila loving it.

"Plus I drove here, couldn't go through airport security with this one" He said as he put his hands around Lila's head, who laughed as she tried to push his hands off of her. "Laura sends her best wishes, so does Cooper" he told me with a nod of his head, looking at the flowers on the table next to my bed. "Who sent the flowers?" he asked Natasha as Lila poked Clint in the face. "Tony and Pepper" Natasha replied you him, pushing the straw into her iced coffee, taking a sip from it as she handed lint his coffee cup over my bed.

"More Pepper than Tony I imagine" She added as I nodded my head to the best of my abilities, a small smirk on my face knowing that Tony probably had nothing to do with sending me the flowers and that it was definitely all Pepper.

——

A/N: both an appearance from Clint and a mention of Pepperony all in one chapter!
Hey guys, im back again with another update, and you will be seeing a lot of me in the next few days with the release of Book 4 of the Red Room series coming out (hopefully) Friday!! Get excited because I know I am

A/N: both an appearance from Clint and a mention of Pepperony all in one chapter! Hey guys, im back again with another update, and you will be seeing a lot of me in the next few days with the release of Book 4 of the Red Room series coming out (ho...