thirty.

I stood in the Walmart restroom, the harsh fluorescent lighting beating down on me as the ceramic sink sat under neath my hands

I stood in the Walmart restroom, the harsh fluorescent lighting beating down on me as the ceramic sink sat under neath my hands. My reflection stared back at me as I turned on the faucet, letting the cold water run over my dry hands. I pulled a paper towel out, drying my hands quickly and throwing it into the trash can.

I took a deep breath, pulling out a small metal disc from my pocket. I looked down at it as it sat in my palm, ready to use the piece of tech to it's full potential. I placed it on the top of my finger, pushing my hair away from my face and tucking it behind my ear with my free hand. I lifted my hand up to my temple, pushing the disc against my skin.

I lifted my head, looking at myself in the mirror as I pushed the button on the small disc, cloaking technology covering my skin. Suddenly there was a completely different brown haired woman staring back at me, her tan skin contrasting against her striking eyes. Fury told me Maria had managed to make these cloaking devices in the past week or so, which is pretty impressive. I cracked a smile, tucking my hair behind my ear as I walked over to the door, yanking it open and ready to blow this popsicle stand.

!

I walked through the crowds of suited SHIELD workers making their way around the outside of the triskelleon, ready to start a days of work. I blended in fine, my long brown coat covering the pistol I had tucked into the back of my slacks. I watched the armed guards who stood at the glass doors, clutching their guns tightly as their eyes darted through the crowd, skipping right over me.

I walked through the glass doors in the middle of a hoard of other workers, standing in the white lobby as I watched people file into lines, fishing their ID's out to show the other armed guards standing at the entrance point to the elevators. I swallowed as I took a right, making my way to a small hallway that led off of the lobby, pushing open the door to the women's washroom, leaving the bustling noise outside as I let the door close behind me.

I let go of a breath I wasn't even aware I was holding, walking forward quickly and checking all the cubicles, all of them being empty. "Thank god" I said as I locked myself into one of them, exhaling deeply as I lowered the toilet seat, taking a seat on it and staring at the beige door, now playing the waiting game.

My heel tapped against the floor, leaning forward and setting my chin in my hands, taking a glance at my watch as I did so.

10.58

They were supposed to get here soon, and I was hoping they'd arrive a little bit before schedule. As if on cue the door opened, a new british voice filling the small room. "I won't be a moment" she said as I heard the door of a cubicle lock. I brushed some of my hair away from my face, waiting for the flush of a toilet.

After a few minutes it came, and I flushed my toilet at the same time, opening the door and striding to the sink before the other lady could. "Sorry" I said to her in a sweet voice, moving to the side as I placed my hands under the automatic sink. "It's fine" she said as she stood next to me, fixing her bobbed hair in the mirror and washing her hands. I groaned lightly, putting my head in my hands, breathing heavily. "Are you okay dear?" the councilwoman asked me looking over at me with furrowed eyebrows.

I didn't reply to her, continuing to breath heavily moving away from the sink slightly. "Excuse me?" she asked me as she set her hand on my shoulder. I grabbed her hand, ducking under her arm and pushing her against the tiled wall, holding her me the arms. She struggled as she looked at me scared, her breathing picking up as her eyes grew wide. "Let me go" she shouted at me, causing me to shake my head.

"Sorry ma'am" I said as I pulled a syringe from my pocket, pricking her in the neck as her eyes fluttered closed, slumping down to the floor. I reached up to my temple, pulling the disc off of my temple, leaning down and attaching it to hers so it could read her features.

——

A/N: this book is coming to a close soon and i'm quite sad but at the same time super excited for the new book, which I started today!
Also I apologise if you were on wattpad today when I went through a flurry of changing my book covers just to go back to the ones I had.
Anyway please vote and comment and I will see you soon