eleven.

We all watched as the medical staff around Fury's body gave up, setting down their instruments as the beeping sound filled the room

We all watched as the medical staff around Fury's body gave up, setting down their instruments as the beeping sound filled the room. A nurse walked over the monitor, switching it off, all the doctors beginning to take of their gloves before they could get into the scrub room.

"I need to take him" Maria said quietly, crossing her arms lazily, turning away from us going to talk to whoever was in charge of the corpses, needing to claim his body as SHIELD property for a post mortem investigation to see who killed him.

It left the rest of us standing there, staring at the now dark room, tears streaming down my face as I stared at my dead colleague. I sighed, hugging my arms to my chest as I stopped myself from breaking down. None of us said anything, Natasha turning sharply on her heel and beginning to walk away from us. "Natasha" I called after her, following her as she made her way between all the people, Steve trailing along behind me.

"Natasha" I called out again, a bit louder, causing many glares in my direction as her red hair flipped through the hair as she snapped her head around to me no Steve, marching back over to us. "Why was Fury in your apartment?" She said, standing in front of me and looking at Steve, everyone having to make their way around us.

"I don't know" Steve shrugged as he took a small step behind me like a cowering child, my shoulder blocking Nat from him. "Why was Fury at his apartment?" Natasha asked me forcefully, staring me straight in the eyes, green meeting hazel.

"I honestly have no idea" I lied straight through my teeth, causing Natasha to scoff under her breath, cocking her eyebrow at me. "Cap, they want you back at SHIELD" Rumlow said from behind us, causing us all to turn and see the full STRIKE team blocking the corridor. "Yeah, give me a second" Steve said, looking over at me quickly, before looking back at Rumlow.

"They want you now" Rumlow said a lot more forcefully, which made Steve nod his head, turning back to face Natasha. "You both are horrible liars" She spat at us before turning on her heal and practically running away from us.

Something came through of Rumlows earpiece which made him turn to talk to the man behind him, the rest already leaving to get the car started. Before I could say anything I watched as Steve swiftly out something into the open vending machine that was being filled.

I watched as he looked back over at me, not having an expression as he started walking towards Rumlow, who was waiting on him. On closer inspection I could see it was a flash drive, but I didn't question it, turning back to the men. "Could I catch a ride?" I shouted to them, started to walk down the hall as well, standing at Steve's side again.

"Whatever"

!

The cars pulled into the parking lot that all the SHIELD cars were issued and returned. We sat in the back of one of the SUVs, the whole STRIKE team was surrounding us for some reason, like we were criminals.

We climbed out of the cars, making our way through the lobby, causing me to stop and turn to Steve, which I could tell Rumlow didn't like. "I'm going to go grab some stuff from my office, I'll meet you back down here" I said to him as Rumlow and the team took him to the elevator that went straight to the elevator that led to Pierce's office.

I went to the elevators that dropped off to the rest of the office floors, having to scan my ID card to prove I was allowed to go up to my floor, which private information was being held on. I ran my hand over my face, my cheeks irritated and the end of my nose still red.

I sigh, tilting my head back to look at the ceiling, trying to delay the tears from slipping from my eyes. The elevator doors rung out a ding as I looked forward once again, making my way down the hall and swiping my watch against the pad outside my office.

I pushed the door open, the blinds already opened as I didn't close them last time I was here. I made a straight line for my desk, walking around it and picking up my hand bag and shoving my laptop into it from the desk into my bag.

I opened up the top drawer, picking up the USB drive from the mission a week or so ago, shoving that into my pocket of my jeans, not wanting to lose it. I sighed one more time, which added to the toll of like a million today, grabbing one set of the 3 car keys that sat in this drawer.

I had a total of 3 SHIELD issued cars and 1 bike, but I figured the car would be most helpful today. I took the audi, which I had dibs on since it first came on the car truck, it was an all black R8 with tinted windows, which made it seem like more of a rocket than a car.

I looped the keychain on my finger, putting my bag strap over my shoulder and making my way to the door. I closed it behind me, standing there for a second to make sure it locked. I made my way down the hall again, but this time towards the computer cubbies that all the other agents sat at.

I leaned against one of their tables, pulling out a small hard drive that was attached to the back of their monitor. It was just the computer of a level 4 agent but they were an IT agent, meaning they mostly dealt with all the coding that went into the programming of SHIELD. The drive recorded everything that was typed into that computer in the last week, hopefully there was something helpful in there.

"Oh" I remarked quietly to myself, making my way back down the hall and unlocking my office door again. I didn't turn the lights on, making my way to my desk drawers, pulling out my house keys that were in my pocket.

I used the smallest key to unlock the bottom drawer, revealing stacks of $20 bills. I pulled them all out of my drawer, shoving them into my bag as well, making my way out of my office, making sure the door locked behind me.

I made my way back to the lobby, standing off to the side as everyone was moving around me, making their way around the offices. I tapped my foot on the floor, waiting for Steve to join me so we could head out, somewhere that wasn't SHIELD.

There was a massive crashing sound as I turned around quickly, my instincts coming into play. I furrowed my eyebrows as I saw the star of Steve's iconic shield falling from the sky.

——

A/N: I clearly couldn't have Ally in the iconic elevator scene, but it's not the only elevator in the MCU now is it?
Please vote and comment and I will see you soon

A/N: I clearly couldn't have Ally in the iconic elevator scene, but it's not the only elevator in the MCU now is it? Please vote and comment and I will see you soon