twenty-three.

I could see his shadow at the side of the bridge, aiming this gun down, ready to hit me as soon as I came out from under the bridge

I could see his shadow at the side of the bridge, aiming this gun down, ready to hit me as soon as I came out from under the bridge. I hold my gun tightly in my hand, ready to start fighting back instead of running away.

I reached down to my ankle, grabbing the extra bullet case I had strapped to my leg, I clicked it into my gun as I began running, slowing down at the end of the bridge to make sure he would see me. I stayed in the shadows as I held my gun up high, lining up my sights as I pulled the trigger over and over again, managing to hit the man a few times.

As he ducked and disappeared from my view I started running towards the bus and truck that were overturned, clearly being the source of the loud crashing noise earlier. There were people climbing out of the bus as I started to make a run for the truck, managing to hide behind it perfectly before an array of bullets surrounded me, the Winter Soldier clearly not holding back anymore.

I aimed my gun back up at him, trying to hit him which I failed to do. As I did so he knew where I was, aiming directly at me as he held down on the trigger. "Shit" I said as I began running between the truck and a car, bullets shooting straight through glass and metal on both sides of me. I kept my head down as I kept running, turning my head quickly to see him jump off of the bridge, landing on top of a car, causing the whole roof to concave.

"Shit" I said as every HYDRA soldier did the same, all of them holding automatic machines guns as they all fired at the over turned bus, presumably where Steve was. I cursed again at the bus was nothing but smoke and sparks, hundred and hundreds of bullets penetrating the bottom.

I ran through screaming civilians, a mother struggling to grab all of her kids from her car. "Ma'am, let me help" I said as I ran to the car, picking up her son who was about 5, who was screaming and flailing in my arms as I did do. The woman grabbed her toddler from the car, as her 12 year old daughter climbed out of the car, all of them crying in fear.

"It's okay, come on, I'll get you into one of the buildings" I told them all as I covered the boys head with me hand, running over to one of the apartment buildings, the woman hanging onto her toddler and her daughters hand as they followed me over the road. I could hear explosions and gunshots in the background, hoping Steve was still okay. I put my hand on one of the door handles, yanking it and breaking the handle off of the door completely. "Go" I told her, setting her son on the floor as I held the door open for them, watching them climb the stairs up to somewhere safe.

As soon as they were gone I looked to my left, the figure of the Winter Soldier getting closer and closer. I didn't know what to do, as I looked down at my watch, running behind an abandoned car, and clicking the screen on my watch as fast as possible. "I make an LZ, twenty-three hundred block of Virginia Avenue. Rendezvous two minutes. Taking fire above and below expressway. Civilians threatened. Repeat, civilians threatened" I said into it, watching people climb from their cars and running away.