fifteen.

We walked to my car in silence, Steve walking round the car as getting ready to open the door to the passenger side

We walked to my car in silence, Steve walking round the car as getting ready to open the door to the passenger side. "What the?" I asked, seeing a loose wire hanging from the registration plate.

I grabbed the loop of a wire, giving it a tug and pulling down a small tracked device, causing me to curse under my breath. "They've put a tracker on my car" I told him before he could get in, causing me to walk to the front and opening the front trunk, grabbing my bag and his shield, holding it in my hand as I slammed the trunk closed.

"We can't take it, they've probably put multiple on it, plus a few bugs on the inside" I told him as he walked around to me, taking his shield from my hands as I placed the tracking device on top of the hood of the car, letting them see I had found it. "What do we do?" He asked me, holding his shield by his side and the wrong way round, trying to hide the fact he was Captain America.

"Let's go" I told him, walking toward the back of the parking lot. "Let's just take one" I told him, nodding towards all the cars sitting ready for us to take, or steal. "We can't just steal a car" He said to me as I saw a 20 something year old man climbing into a blue truck. "Fine, we'll trade" I said as I made my way to the drivers door of the truck, making sure I got to the guy before he got in his car.

"Excuse me" I called out to him, causing him to turn to us, realising who we were instantly. "Hey, aren't you-" He started, causing me to cut him off instantly. "Yeah that's me, look I have a black Audi R8 over at the door, I'll give you the keys if you give us your truck" I told him, holding up my car keys and letting them dangle from my finger.

"What?" he asked with a laugh, seeing his eyes flicker to Steve as he clocked in that he was Captain America. "I'll give you my brand new Audi if you give me your truck" I repeated, holding out the keys to him. "For real?" He asked me, scoffing and looking back at his truck.

"Yeah, just don't tell anyone you saw us" I said throwing the keys over to him, which he caught in both hands. "Yeah sure, let me grab my stuff" he said with a wide smile, taking his car key off of his lanyard and giving it to me.

"You not going to tell him about the tracking device?" Steve whispered to me, taking a step closer to me, his arm brushing again my back. "No, he'll figure it out"

!

"I can't believe we took that guys truck" Steve said to me as I set my feet up on the dash, Steve looking over at me with a smirk. "We didn't take, I gave him my brand new car for this" I said pointing at the car. "Take your feet of the dash" He told me, nodding towards my feet.

"It's my car now" I told him as he looked back at the long country road. "Can I ask you a question?" He asked me, tapping his finger against the steering wheel. "Shoot" I said to him, leaning my head back against the rest. "The kiss-" he started, causing me to groan, closing my eyes tightly.

"Let's just not mention it" I told him, shaking my hands in front of me. "It was weird" I added on, looking over at him lazily to see him gripping the wheel with his hand. "Yeah, yeah it was" he said as he cleared his throat, nodding his head slowly as he had an unreadable expression on his face.

"You think I should give Tony a call?" I asked him, desperate to change the subject. "Why?" Steve asked, looking at me briefly before focusing on the road once again. "If SHIELD is compromised maybe he should know" I replied, shrugging my shoulder, the idea seeming like a good idea in my head.

"We haven't even told Natasha" He said to me quietly, nodding my head as he was right. I didn't tell Natasha what was going on, figuring if we needed her I would give her a call later. "Yeah but" I started, stopping mid sentence, not sure how to respond to him.

"You know that this is Camp Lehigh right?" He asks me causing memories to come flooding back into my head. "Yeah, I'm aware" I said quietly, looking down at my lap and picking at my nails. "Are you sure you want to come?" He said to me, sounding sympathetic. "I'm not waiting in the parking lot" I laughed, causing him to laugh lightly with me. "Hey, I can handle it" I told him, looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I know you can"

——

A/N: and here's another chapter!
Does Steve actually want to forget about the kiss? that's the real question here
Please vote and comment and I will see you soon

A/N: and here's another chapter! Does Steve actually want to forget about the kiss? that's the real question herePlease vote and comment and I will see you soon