twenty-one.

We all walked back into the parking garage, Natasha holding Sitwell by the arm as she steered him back towards the car, Sam leading the group

We all walked back into the parking garage, Natasha holding Sitwell by the arm as she steered him back towards the car, Sam leading the group. None of us had said a single work since we left the roof, still trying to take in the new chunk of information.

"Ally" Steve said, grabbing me by the arm and stopping me from walking, Natasha turning to look at us, Steve motioning for her to keep walking going to the car, which she did. "What were you told the crafts were for?" He asked me as he pushed his hands into his jacket pockets.

"Counter terrorism, counter alien invasion, nothing about mass genocide" I told him, running my hands through my hair, looking at the car to see all 3 of them sitting inside waiting for us. "You think he's telling the truth?" Steve asked me, causing me to look up at him, his blue eyes glazed with concern.

"Yeah, we threw him off of a building" I told him, but he continued to stare back at me, telling me that that didn't offer him any ease. "Look, I've known Sitwell since he started working at SHIELD, he covers his own ass, not other people's" I told him, looking at the car to see Sam jerk his head at me.

"We need to go before SHIELD or HYDRA whatever" I said, shaking my head at my mistake, looking down at my shoes. "We just need to get out of here before we get caught" I told him, turning away from him sharply and walking towards the car, just for Steve to grab my hand, turning me back around towards him.

"Have I done something?" he said to me, worry in his eyes, but this time not over the fact that there was plans for a mass genocide. "What?" I asked him, my eyebrows furrowed, confused about what he was talking about.

"You seem angry with me" he said as he let go of my arm, taking a step closer to me and looking down at me. "I'm not angry with you" I said rather curtly, causing me to exhale, putting my head in my hands and looking down at the floor.

Steve took another step closer to me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders as I set my head on his chest. "I just, I voted for Project Insight" I started, Steve setting his chin on the top of my head. "I voted for HYDRA to kill a whole list of people" I breathed out. I could hear Steve's heartbeat under his t-shirt, and subconsciously I found myself breathing along to the same beat.

"You were lied to" Steve said to me, causing me to pull my head back, looking up at him. "We need to go" I said swallowing quickly as I pulled away from his arms, walking towards the already humming car as he trailed behind me.

I climbed in the back seat, squishing Sitwell in as I did so, Natasha leaning forward and looking at me with her eyebrows raised, which by now I knew that she was asking if I was okay. I nodded my head at her as Steve slammed the door, Sam pulling away as soon as he did so.

"Which way to HQ?" Sam said as we pulled out into the bright sunlight, Sam looking over at Steve who seemed to be in his own world. "Left" I said at the same time as Natasha, Sam looking both ways before pulling out onto the busy road.

"You know, HYDRA doesn't like leaks" Sitwell said to us all, pushing his glasses further up on his nose as he stared out the window ahead of him. "So why don't you try sticking a cork in it" I said to him, not turning my head from my position of looking out of the window, watching cars drive past as we made our way onto the bridged freeway.

"When is Insight set to launch?" Natasha asked me, a questioned deemed important enough for me to turn my head to look at her, Steve turning back from his seat. "Erm" I hesitated, looking down at my smart watch, realising the amount of notifications I had, from Pierce, Strike and just SHIELD in general.

"16 hours" I replied, covering the small screen with my hand, causing it to go black once again. I sighed, leaning my head back against the head rest, Sam speeding up the car once we passed the slow car that was lingering in front of us. "I can get through the DNA scans and access the helicarriers directly" I told them all, which caused Sitwell to scoff at me.

"All of your information as Director was erased the minute you left that building to help our Captain here" Sitwell said to me, causing me to look over at him and then at Steve, my eyes widened slightly. "We'll just have to use you then" I said as I turned to Sitwell.

Out of no where a massive crash came onto the top of the car, all of us looking up at the roof. "What the-" I started. Before I could finish my sentence something broke the back window, a familiar metal arm reaching in and pulling Sitwell from in between Natasha and I.

I turned around as I watched Sitwell get launched into the other side of the freeway, a semi truck hitting him as he flew through the air.

——

A/N: I wonder who that is...
Please vote and comment and I will see you all very soon