seven.

"What can I get you guys?" the lady behind the counter in a green apron said to us, her smile wide on her face as she looked up at Steve before tearing her eyes away from him and looking back at me

"What can I get you guys?" the lady behind the counter in a green apron said to us, her smile wide on her face as she looked up at Steve before tearing her eyes away from him and looking back at me. "Erm, I'll have an iced vanilla latte and" I hesitated, realising I had no idea what Steve's coffee order was. "Cappuccino" Steve said to the girl with  smile, causing her to blush as she picked up two cups and a sharpie.

"Name?" she asked me and not Steve, wonder why. "Katie" I replied with a soft smile, practically feeling Steve's stare on me. I past her over a $20 bill, as she gave me my change she finally shot a smile up at Steve, which he returned in politeness. Steve and I walked away from the counter, waiting next to the group of other people who were also impatiently waiting for their coffees.

"Katie?" Steve asked me as he shoved his hands into his jeans pockets. "Fake name, it's easier" I shrugged, earning another confused look from the blonde super soldier. "No one asks stupid questions or asks for a picture that way" I added, giving him more information as he nodded his head, clearly knowing the feeling.

"Plus I literally just want a coffee, this isn't meet The Avengers is it?" I asked him as I crossed my arms over my chest in an all knowing way. "We should have gotten muffins" He said looking at the cake case as I fished a bill from my pocket. "On you go, I'm sure Miss Smiley would love to talk to you again" I said with a smirk as he took the bill from me, poking his tongue out as he went back to the line.

"Katie" another girl said from behind the counter, setting two drinks down as I went up, saying thank you as I opened a straw quickly, pushing it into my cup and picking them both up, looking at what was written on Steve's.

'Call me' with a smiley face was written neatly, followed by the girl from before's phone number, which caused me to roll me eyes as Steve met me just before the door, holding a paper bag with our muffin in it. "I'm guessing yours is the one with the phone number on it" I remarked, walking backwards and pushing the door open, handing him his cup as we made it into the warm spring air.

He sighed, taking his cup from me as I took a sip of my iced latte, still rolling my eyes once in a while. "I'm also guessing that's not the first time that happened" I said, pushing one hand into my pocket, holding my coffee down at my side. "3rd actually" He sighed, pushing the button for the crosswalk lights, our favorite park sitting over the road, where we commonly went to sit and talk.

"If only Nat knew that you had no problem finding a date for yourself" I said, rolling my eyes yet again. "I'm not dating" Steve sighed, taking another sip of his drink as the traffic stopped, letting us gross the road and walk through the steal gates of the park enterence, walking towards the bench we normally sat at.

"Too busy?" I said, mocking his voice from the last time he used that excuse as to why he isn't dating. "That and it's a little weird" He shrugged, both of splitting away from eachother as a kid came running towards us, his distressed mother running after him. "How so?" I asked as we reached our bench, both of us sitting down as I set my coffee in between us, holding my hand out for the muffin bag.

"I'm having the blueberry one" I said as I pulled one out of the bag, giving it back to Steve, who just set the bag on the bench as well. "I'm old enough to be their grandfathers, I probably served in the war with them as well" Steve shrugged, staring ahead at the wind blowing through the trees as I stuffed my face with muffin.

"Yeah thats weird" I mumbled, Steve laughing at me as I shoved more into my mouth messily. "It's only acceptable for me to date-" he started, trailing off at the end as I swallowed all the food in my mouth as quickly as possible. "Me?" I asked, causing him to look over at me.

"Fat chance in that one" I replied with a laugh, causing him to laugh as well, both of us looking at each other. "Why aren't you dating?" he asked me, reaching in the bag and pulling out his own muffin, breaking off small pieces and tossing them into his mouth.

"Ex Russian Spy isn't a good Tindr bio" I said with a smirk, propping my arm on the back of the bench, looking over at him and picking up my coffee, taking a sip. "What I'm hearing is that you want Natasha to find you a date" he joked with me, raising one of his eyebrows.

"I'll pass on that as well" I replied with a scoff, shaking my head. Natasha setting me up sounded like hell, considering she thought she was a great matchmaker, though all the dates she had set up in the past 3 years only lasted 1 date. "Maybe your new haircut will get you a date" Steve said with a laugh, turning away from me and staring at the trees once again.

"Unless it's one specific person, I think i'll pass"

——

A/N: a little friendship fluff chapter here for you!
Also, i'm wondering if there are any Steve and Ally shippers out there??
Just wondering, hehehehe.
Please vote and comment and I will see you soon