Chapter 32: Reconciled

"Sonikku." a voice called out as a blue hedgehog was running through Green Hill Zone (yes, I've taken it from Sonic the Hedgehog 1). "Sonikku." He stopped to look behind him to see his wife standing alone in a patch of flowers. Seeing that he passed her, he rushed back to her, embraced and kissed her in tears. "I missed you." Amy said in a gentle voice. He replied while stroking her smooth hair with his hands, "I missed you too, Ames." 

   They were both engulfed in the moment as if there were no tomorrow. But then Amy ended it quickly saying, "Sonic, you have to wake up! Please!" 

   All of a sudden pain struck him again, and he was in darkness again. Then it lit up little by little, and he saw that he was in a room. A hospital room? He looked around to see that he was hooked up to a couple machines, and he was covered in bandages. He also heard screaming and an eerily familiar voice. 

   "You really thought I was dust?" the guy said just before even more screams were made. Infinite. Sonic thought as he started tugging on his cords. It hurt so much, but he wasn't going to let this society be undermined by the enemy. What really set him off was hearing Infinite also say, "Shard may have taken my ruby, but you won't ever get rid of me! I would've disposed of you worthless little weaklings when I had the chance if it weren't for that despicable brat!" 

   That guy just won't get a break!

   "I'll have you know that I'm not so weak and worthless anymore!" a voice snapped back, which sounded like Tails. Is that really you, buddy? Then a plane was heard, and so were it's blasts. The Tornado 2.0. 

   Remembering everything that had happened, Sonic ripped out his cords, tore off his bandages, and stood up. After a minute of struggling of course. The doctors tried to stop him, but it was too late. He had already grabbed the hammer that was at the foot of his bed, and ran out of the UrgentCare wing. Leaving off a trail of blood drips. 

   "Runaway patient! I repeat! We've got a runaway patient!" 

——————————

Auroa, Shadow, Sora and Itzy continued to scan around the area. A shrub passed by, and Aurora gasped to say, "Oh no." Next thing Shadow knew, the pink hedgehog boomed out of the scene as Volt sprung after her. 

   Shadow was about to go after her until he overheard Sora say, "It's happening." He turned his head around at her. He then remembered that Sally had called her a fortune-teller, and his heart quickened. The bat looked back at him wide-eyed as if she knew exactly what he was thinking. 

   "What is?" Shadow replied, glaring at her. Wanting answers. Did she know that he'd meet with that stranger? Did she know that he and Aurora would meet? Does she know if he'll end up with Rouge? Does she know if he'll lose everything?

   "You have to go to the Abandoned Research Facility of the Ancients. Now!" Sora answered before bursting of in the air. "In the meantime, I have something else I need to take care of!" 

   Shadow had no time to lose. He lifted up his chaos emerald, and used Chaos Control.  

———————————

Aurora made it to the UrgentCare wing, and found her father's bed empty. But had specks of blood all on the mattress and blanket. She also found her hammer missing. She was astounded. Her dad was back! It was either that or someone kidnapped him. It's most likely the first assumption. 

   Reckless as always, Dad! Aurora then saw a trail of blood that lead from the bed to the ground to the exit to the outside. She immediately followed it, wanting to do anything to protect him. Or at least keep him from killing himself, even if he always gets back up again when hurt.