Chapter 27: The End of the World

Make sure to check out "Geronimo" from Sheppard while reading this chapter (background music). Also, there's a few surprises that I planned out for you readers out there! Read if you want to know what they are. 

———————————

Aurora walked up to the captain of the ship, and shook her hand, remembering what Cream would say when greeting high-rankers. Marine is here, and with Sora safe. Thankfully they came at just the right time. 

   "Are Blaze, Silver, Bliss, and the twins with you?" the pink hedgehog asked, hoping to maybe see Shadow again. Shadow! What were you even doing to keep me waiting? she imagined running to her crush, hugging him. What brought her back to reality was a crack of lightning rocking the ship a little as it's reaction. 

   "Sorry, we haven't visited the Solias kingdom yet." Sora answered, bumming poor Aurora out as she and everyone else struggled to keep their balance. I wonder what Shadow is up to? How are Ember and Itzy holding up? What about the royal family!? 

   "Chin up, Light! Now's not the time for worrying!" Amy slapped Aurora in the back, under her back quills. She raised her hammer to her shoulder, and smirked. "We've got more things to worry about. Like what is happening to our world right now?!" 

   "No time to explain, landlubber! Righ' now, we got to make it to our last pit stop before it's too late!" the captain replied as she raised her sword in the air. She then whistled as loud as she could, summoning a large herd of koalas standing around the deck. They saluted, including a large group of random passengers. 

   Another crack of lightning occurred, rocking the ship again. Where up to next? Suddenly she watched in astonishment as Marine ran towards a swinging rope, and swung all the way up to the Crow's Nest. Looking down at everyone. "Time to bat'n down the hatches and speed up this big boy! Full steam ahead, we've go' quite a trip ahead of us, champs!" 

   Everyone looked at the dark sky as it began to grow even darker and more stormy. The rain even grew heavier. They all ran to their posts, and Amy ran off to the stairs to the hold, in case there was any damage in the bottom part of the ship. 

   Aurora was about to follow her until a little koala stopped her by grabbing her hand. "The bat lady has found a different way for you to help us out." 

   "Did she, now?" 

   Look who's stepping up. Aurora thought as she looked at Sora who was rushing past her. The little koala kid followed her pulling Aurora along. "No time for pointing fingers, guys! We've got no time to lose if we want to save everyone!" 

   They didn't stop until they reached a machine that looked exactly like a bicycle, but no wheels. Suddenly she knew what Sora's plan was. "We need you to go faster than you've ever gone before. Think you can do that?" the short mammal asked. 

   This didn't seem a lot to ask. But remembering that Blaze, her family and citizens were at stake, and that this dimension wasn't holding up really well with just two chaos emeralds. Everyone would die if nothing is done. Including them. Speaking of which...

   "What about the Sol Emeralds? Have you pinpointed their location?" Aurora asked Sora as she swiftly got on the device and pedaled. She immediately felt movement whenever she did. It's working. 

   "No, we haven't. Because they're not here. Like, 'in this realm' here." the young bat girl replied. 

   Feeling a sense of triumph that she was right, Aurora chuckled a bit, and pedaled faster. I knew it. But where would they be hiding?