Chapter 5: What's Wrong Shadow?

Shadow? Why is he attacking my home? she thought. She was shocked. Why would Shadow be attacking her own family when they should be at another private practice at the canyon, where they usually have their workouts?

She saw Shadow teleport, and swing Sticks away as far as the sea. He had Knuckles beating himself up with his teleporting skills. Zooey then tried throwing food at him, but Shadow was too quick, and he pummeled her against her husband.

Shadow was now after Amy. She prepared herself for impact, until Sonic zoomed right in front of her, and said, "I'll hold him off Ames. You run, and go get help!" "That won't be necessary, Blue Boy!" hissed Shadow, as he was about to take action.

"No!" screamed Aurora, dashing to her dad to protect him. "Enough!" she shouted, pushing each other away. She glared at Shadow, who was staring at her with wide eyes. "HOW DARE YOU! YOU DARE TO ATTACK MY PARENTS?! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?!" shouted Aurora in the loudest voice possible. 

   Shadow just stood there and looked at her parents. "So you're the daughter of Amy and Sonic. Now it all makes sense. I suppose you're wanting to pick a fight with me too, Pinky?"

   "Tiny? Have you been meeting this guy all this time?" asked Sonic, just before he could zoom over to Shadow. Aurora then looked at her father, and solemnly said, "Yes, dad. He's my friend, too." Everyone gasped (even her parents), and Shadow continued to just stand there, mostly staring at Aurora like she was crazy.

   Aurora then glanced at Shadow, and calmly said, "I don't want to hurt you, Shadow. But I might ask you a simple favor by never attacking my family again." Shadow looked like he was about to burst into flames, as he rapidly shook his fists under his waist. Aurora then backed away, putting her arms in front of her parents for protection.

   "You don't understand, Aurora. Your parents are some of my biggest foes! They were fools to even get in the way of my revenge!" Shadow explained as he held up one of his fists close to his face. 

   Aurora's heart broke, and with a surprised tone, she repeated, "Revenge?" Shadow then looked at her and unclenched his fists. Was our friendship just some game to him? thought Aurora as she slowly teared up. "So, was I just some piece of garbage that you just wanted to throw away? Was I worth nothing to you?! Enough to ditch me at your cave?!" she blurted out, giving Shadow an angry/teared up face.

   Shadow just stood there in silence. He finally said, "We aren't friends. We are mere acquaintances!" He then crossed his arms as he watched Aurora's heart break. She dipped her head, and with absolute rage, she said, "THEN WHY DON'T YOU LEAVE?!?!"

   Shadow started reaching his hand out for her, but she slapped it away, and brought out the roller blades he gave her that one practice. "So he's the one who gave you those! I should've known!" Sonic snapped, as he tried to land a punch, until his wife grabbed his arm. "Oh, great! You too?!"

   Meanwhile, Shadow glanced at Aurora as she dipped her head to take one last look at his gift. The very skates that Shadow had made with his own hands. Just for her. Aurora softly cried as she held them tight to her chest. 

   "What are you doing?" Shadow asked skeptically, leaning in towards her. "Go." Aurora then shoved the roller blades at him, and turned away. "I never want to see you again." Shadow reached out for her again, but she dashed into the forest.

   She didn't hear him call out to her. Aurora just kept on crying, wiping tears off her eyes as she ran. She found a tree and sat by it. It began to rain. But she didn't care if her clothes got muddy. She just wanted to be alone, and take her mind off you-know-who.

   But that was the one task she just couldn't complete.

Shadow watched as Aurora zoomed into the forest. What just happened? he scolded himself, as he stared at the roller blades that Aurora shoved at him. "What were you thinking of even courting with my daughter!" snapped Sonic as he stomped towards him. "From now on-"