Chapter 25: Prepare for Battle!

Aurora woke up to see herself lying in a bed, under a big thick blanket. She looked at her mattress, and the room she slept in. "How did I get here?" she asked herself, rubbing her eyes. The events from last night replayed in her mind. She blushed madly when she remembered the last thing she did last night with Shadow. She fell asleep on his shoulder. 

   He must've carried me here without disturbing me. Aurora saw a rose that was set on her nightstand. She reached out for it, and held it. It wasn't there before. Shadow. 

   She smiled, and giggled as she pressed the flower against her heart, then smelled it. You really do care. 

————————————

Aurora, Ember, Itzy, and Shadow had to stay low and play by the rules as everyone progressed with the preparations of the upcoming Royal Sol Anniversary party. 

   Itzy was assigned a light up show, so he kept on practicing his light ups and electricity buzzes. 

   Shadow and Ember were given tuxedos to wear. Shadow didn't really care, but Ember refused. "No way am I going to lose my favorite fire jacket!" So the fire wolf negotiated into wearing just a white under shirt and tie with his jacket. 

   The tailor asked if the men wanted to wear pants, and change their shoes. But they swiftly replied, "NO!!" The tailor fell backwards onto his back, making Aurora (who's dress was being prepared) and Itzy burst into laughter. 

   "Great to finally have fun after awhile, am I right, Itzy?" Aurora said to the little sprite. Itzy just squeaked rapidly and he just buzzed with bolts. 

——————————

Today was finally the day, the Royal Sol Anniversary. Everybody (except Sora, who still hadn't returned) was all dressed up. Even Itzy was wearing a bowtie! Shadow, Ember and Itzy waited by Aurora's room. 

   Itzy was about to go through the door until Shadow stopped him by blocking him with his hand. "She needs privacy." the sprite just blushed in embarrassment as he scratched his head. Ember meanwhile knocked on the door, and said, "Pinky? Aurora? You in there?" 

   "In a minute! I'm almost done!" Aurora replied on the other side of the door. Shadow felt uneasy. He and the group had talked about sneaking around the castle during the celebration looking for the Sol Emeralds. He also despised social events like this! 

   Why am I even here?

   "How're you going to sweep her off her feet, Shadz?" Ember asked, nudging the black hedgehog's arm. He crossed his arms. Shadow glared at him, and hissed, "There's nothing between us. We're only working together temporarily."

   "Come on, man! It's quite obvious that you're crushing hard on that hedgehog." Ember slapped his back. Shadow stared at him full of alert. Do I like her? his thoughts swarmed in his head. "We-"

   "Don't bother hiding from me. Itzy and I saw you two hugging each other the other night." Ember crossed his arms. I made it perfectly clear to him earlier that he shouldn't be spying on us! Shadow's fists clenched, and he was getting ready to Chaos Spear him to the ceiling. 

   Itzy just grinned as Ember lowered Shadow's arm with his pointer finger. "How about this: me and Itzy will leave right now and search for the Emeralds with princess Bliss and the parents, while you wait here and escort Aurora downstairs, and you can meet the twin demons then." Ember suggested. 

   Shadow was about to protest until he heard the door open, and the wolf & sprite were gone. Fine. It's not like I have any other choice. Shadow faced the door, waiting for Aurora to come out. Shadow stood with his arms behind his back, and saw Aurora come out.