Chapter 17: New World Wanderings

Just a minute ago, they were all together defending the world from a couple of Phantom Ruby menaces, the next thing they were all spiraling in a light that was so blinding that they couldn't even see each other while they stay together. They were all on a quest now to recover 2 chaos emeralds (including 1 that a certain crazy/weird meerkat just stole from a black hedgehog), the search for Rouge, and for safety from a black hole. 

   Aurora, Shadow, Ember, Sora, and Itzy were holding hands until one suddenly let go, causing the rest to release and scatter, with a few screaming. Then finally they all landed on the ground with a thud, safe and sound. 

————————————

Aurora landed on her back, affecting her back quills much. Her head hurt, and she felt sick to her stomach. Maybe I shouldn't have had those tamales that Belle and Jacque made, she thought as she remembered the terrible and exhausting day that she recently had. She needed a nap. 

   She groaned as she rolled around in pain. But wait, she traveled with others! Where are they? she wondered as she quickly got up, and scouted around her area. It was completely dark and barely lit with the help of stars twinkling in the sky. She tapped both of her wrists, and they automatically glowed a very bright green as the rest of her clothes and shoes glowed a very dim yellow. Aurora could see that no one was to be found. 

   "Shadow?" she started calling. No answer. She then called, "Ember!" No reply. "Sora? Itzy?" Nada. This was getting scary. Panicking, Aurora called out all their names again, but still no response. She was alone. 

—————————————

It didn't take long for Shadow to recover from the zone hopping. He rubbed his head, and got up. He couldn't see anything, but he could hear a soft moaning at his feet, and barely saw the bruise-covered Ember that he had beaten up earlier to make sure he didn't eavesdrop on him again. The wolf was trying his best to stand up, but Shadow didn't care. 

   No matter. the black hedgehog thought as he just stared dully at the severely injured boy. Everything was covered in bruises, and a black eye. Those arms may have been covered by the sleeves, but Shadow got him good there. The big portal jump must've taken another big toll on Ember. 

   Shadow came here, because he had a hunch that Rouge was close by, he wanted answers as to why Firefuzz even bothered to grab his legs during the trip here, and he wanted to at least get that emerald back from that treacherous rodent, maybe another one. Shadow also realized that he and Ember were the only two alone. 

   "Sora!" Ember started to call, completely irritating Shadow. The Ultimate Lifeform snapped back, "We're the only ones here, imbecile!" Then, flames crept on the wolf's free hand, and his eyes widened when he saw the Ultimate Lifeform standing right here. 

——————————————

Aurora put her thoughts together. She dashed wherever she could, just to find everyone. But no such luck. Especially when it came to finding Shadow. He didn't make one appearance. He was the one who first let go of my hand during the portal jumping, she thought as her heart broke, remembering the fact that she gave Shadow a smooch without warning. She blushed as she closed her eyes full of hurt. 

   He must be really mad at me. 

——————————————-

Shadow was grabbing poor Ember by the most injured arm, saying, "You'll perish unless you explain." "Calm down, Shadow!" replied the wolf as he tried to calmly pull his arm away while giving off light with his other. But he only suffered a tighter grip, making his appendage feel practically numb.