Chapter Thirty-Seven| Mayhem

Heat etched its way across flesh, you could still feel it, lips pulsing with a life of its own. The sweet melody sung by the birds flying overhead was no more, replaced by a silent breeze.

A shocked face reflected off ruby orbs, the words still processing in your head.

The sudden confession.

You could feel the heat of his breath coax along your flushed cheek, his hands still on either side of you. His face made no expression, although, the intensity of his gaze did hold some sort of anticipation. Much like you, he remained silent, awaiting a response.

But what were you to say?

Sure, you were thrilled to hear those words come out of him, especially after coming to realize how strongly you felt for him as well. Yet, that happiness struggled to unleash itself, held back by the pain that swayed your heart.

A familiar voice shouting from a distance gave you all the reasoning as to why that was.

The one that claimed the other half of your heart.

Katsuki's head was quick to turn in the voices direction, a curse or two falling past his lips. Though you weren't sure what it was he was saying after that, you were too focused on the opportunity before you.

The chance to escape a looming confrontation.

Crouching, you prepared to dart out from beneath him, that was of course before Katsuki latched on to your wrist. Apparently, he's gained heightened senses.

"Let me go--"

"Hell no, I'm not letting you take this chance to run away and hide." He gave a tug, forcing you into his chest. It was a firm hold, and it only grew tighter the more you squirmed in protest. You were growing flustered as he snaked an arm around your shoulders, which was weird considering you were just locking lips moments prior.

There was some sort of reasoning behind this, you could feel it in your gut.

However, that feeling instantly vanished the second his lips came crashing down. You were frozen, eyes wide with shock as the familiar warmth came to surface. This was a completely different kiss compared to earlier, it was more aggressive, almost violent. It wasn't until you spotted a figure coming around the building that you were able to think properly.

Katsuki was off of you in an instant, your hand on his chest being the culprit.

Just like you he had spotted the duel haired boy, a victorious smirk forming at the corners of his lips. Shouto looked baffled, almost as if he didn't want to believe what it was he had seen. You could feel your heart dropping to the pit of your stomach the longer you stared at him.

"Shouto...It's...we--" You soft words of guilt drifted when Kirishima came around the same corner. Unlike the rest of you, relief washed over his features.

"Jeez Bakugou, what were you thinking? You shouldn't have run off like that." Oblivious to the growing tension, Kirishima stepped forward. Katsuki on the other hand paid no mind to him, instead, he focused his attention on a glaring Shouto who's eyes flickered back and forth with growing anger.

Then his eyes landed on you. "(Y/n), did he threaten to harm you?"

"Oi, what kind of guy do you take me for icy-hot?" His once amused smirk faltered, now morphing into a scowl. "She willingly did it."