Chapter Fifteen| The Blooming of Friendships

It was fairly dark out by the time we ended our training session, so not a whole lot of people were around to see me in my exhausted, sweaty state. Well, nobody except for my aunt.

"You did great today, tomorrow we'll head out into the city and do some patrolling."

She tossed my water bottle over towards me as she took a sip of her own. My arms felt as if they were noodles when I caught the flying object, causing me to wince slightly. Now that the moon had replaced the sun, my exhaustion felt ten times worse than usual.

I really just want to go to bed.

"How are you not tired? You used the same amount of blasts as me." She gave a quick glance at me as she continued to pick up her belongings.

"You release too much energy than you need to," She flung a rag over her shoulder when she turned to face me while her hand motioned us to start walking. "It's all in the mind really, if you focus on centering your energy rather than sporadically shooting it out of you with full force, you wouldn't be so exhausted. It helps if you store up that energy throughout the day."

Centering my energy? Well that seems a lot easier said than done. I didn't bother to question her due to the lack of energy to carry on the conversation, instead I allowed the silence to surround us. Though it didn't remain for long when a sudden buzz came from my pants. My hand lazily dug into my back pocket to retrieve the buzzing phone, it was probably Ochako, she did say she would text me sometime today.

Looking down at my screen I couldn't help but express my puzzlement. It wasn't a text, but a location sent by Midoriya. My eyes reread the location a few more times, what could this mean?

"Everything okay?" My aunt peered down at me with concern once she got a good look at my confusion.

"Yeah--it's nothing." The words sounded more like a question rather than a statement. Did he send his location on accident, or was there something more to it? The uneasiness gradually grew in the pit of my stomach as I slid the device back in my pocket.

Hosu city, isn't that where Iida is interning?

Another buzz had went off, but this time it was from both of our phones. My aunt was to first to snake hers out beating me to a shocked gasp.

"Oh my goodness.."

My eyes quickly matched her widened ones once I pulled up my screen. It was a breaking news footage showing the chaos erupting in the city of Hosu. My heart instantly dropped once I saw the nomus wreaking havoc. They were the same as the one that had attacked us a few weeks back, but how could there still be more?

Wait, Midoriya--he's in trouble.

"What's the fastest way to get to Hosu?"

"Hosu?" She shot a terrified look my way before looking back down at the news footage. It was evident she didn't like where this was going. "You're not going there, there are other heroes closer to the scene to help. There's not much we can--"

"But my friend, I need to help him!" There was a twang of pain in her face as she listened to my distress. "Am I really just suppose to sit here and just hope he'll be okay? What kind of friend am I if I do that?"