Chapter Twelve| Comfort

"You must be fucking delusional if you think we're friends."

The words stung as it replayed in my head. I just couldn't let the whole thing go, why? Why am I letting it bother me so much? Between what happened after the sports festival and today, Bakugou has been treating me much colder than usual. What was I doing so wrong to make him treat me this way?

The thoughts were continuous as I unlocked the door to the apartment. Piles of clothes and bags littered the floor, and in the midst of it all was my aunt who was frantically shoving articles of clothing into a suitcase.

"What's going on here?"

Her head quickly shot up in my direction, she looked slightly crazed when she did. My concern only grew when I noticed airline tickets laying out on the dining table along with some already packed duffel bags.

"(Y/n)--I don't even know where to begin." Her fingers tried to smooth her wild strands as she stood. She was worried and scared, it was written all over her face.

"I need you to pack your things. We're leaving."

"Leaving? Where are we going?"

She knelt back down on the floor to continue folding clothes as I made my way over. She tried to hide the pained expression on her face, but I was quick to spot it.

"To America."

"Wait, what?"

Her eyes finally looked up to meet mine. She looked distant, like her mind was somewhere else. Sighing, she rose back to her feet and gently took hold of my shoulders.

"Your father knows you're here."

So that's what this was all about, I couldn't help but laugh slightly.

"Well, we were sorta expecting this day to come. But, even though he knows doesn't mean we should run." Her worried expression quickly changed to a stern one as I stepped away. That was no excuse in her eyes.

"I'm getting you far away from danger as I can."

"Far away from danger? What do you think I'll be doing when I become a hero?"

"You're not a hero (Y/n)."

"Not yet, but look at this--" My hand held up the list of internships I had received earlier "All these offers, they see something in me auntie! I'm not going to tuck my tail and run all because of my father."

She of all people should understand that.

"Why did you even let me go to U.A. if you were going to end up having to ship me off the moment my father is mentioned?"

She was silent. She knew the reason all too well, but having it to explain it to you wasn't as simple. With irritation growing, she snagged the paper from my hand. Crinkling it's once smooth surface.

"This, isn't worth it."

The hurt must've shown on my face based on the regretful look she gave. I couldn't believe it, the one person who I could rely on was telling me how pointless this opportunity was. Did she even think I could do this in the first place? Dropping my head, I forced back the tears that threatened to spill.