Chapter Eight| A Warning

"No! What is he doing?! He's gonna lose the match!!"

The anxiousness building up inside of me refused to simmer down as we all watched Midoriya walk towards the line. It was agonizing to watch, that is until a giant gust of wind broke out. Somehow he was able to break free from his mindless trance and immediately sprung into action.

He began to push Shinso across the arena, but he wasn't going to give up that easily. He laid a few hits on Midoriya, he even started to push him backwards towards the line until Midoriya managed to flip him over. Resulting with him being the victor of the match.

"Shinso is out of bounds! Midoriya advances to round two!"

Cheers erupted throughout the stadium. I was so proud of him, he made it to the second round! In the midst of excitement, I noticed a familiar grumpy face. Bakugou. Of course he wouldn't show an ounce of happiness towards Midoriya, but why was he so hateful towards him? As if he could feel my eyes bore onto him, he glared over in my direction. I didn't bother to continue the stare off, instead, I decided to get up and wedge myself in between Kaminari and him. I can practically feel the annoyance radiating off of him.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm sitting." His eye twitched slightly as I smiled at him. It's amazing how easily ticked off he can get. "Don't be a smart-ass. Tell me why you're sitting here!"

"All I wanted to do was chat with you. Am I not allowed to do that?" He silently glared at me, which to me indicated that he wasn't appalled by the idea. "So, you ready for your match?"

"Tch of course I am I'm going to obliterate them, but you on the other hand obviously aren't." His glare slowly turned neutral as he watched Todoroki and Sero walk out into the arena.

"What are you talking about? I'm perfectly ready!"

"Yeah, sure. You're just shaking your leg because your so excited, right?" Damn it, I forgot I did that when i'm nervous. My grin faltered at the realization and pressed my hand against the top my thigh in an attempt to stop the vibrant movement. Out of all the people Bakugou was the one to call out my nerves, how humiliating. Now completely dropping my grin, my eyes scanned down and watched as Sero swung Todoroki around with his tape. Though it only lasted for a few moments when Todoroki froze Sero and half of the arena itself.

Everyone silently stared at the large chunk of ice with shock and amazement. I knew Todoroki was powerful, but I never realized he was this powerful! The arena began to prepare itself for the next match and the nervousness I had managed to not mind had began to resurface. My match was coming up soon, I should probably head out and prepare myself. Standing up abruptly, I ignored the questioning glare Bakugou had shot my way and shuffled on by.

It wasn't really the first match that made me so nervous, it was the second one. If I beat Tokoyami in this match, then I'll be up against Bakugou next assuming he wins his match. As much as I enjoy annoying the moron, he was still intimidating. Would I have any chance at beating him?

Glancing back in his direction, I noticed his head quickly snap forward. His shoulders tensed up slightly as he glared down at the battle currently going on. If only I could read what was going on in that idiotic head of his.

~X~

"NOW, LETS MOVE ONTO THE SIXTH MATCH! FROM THE HERO COURSE, THE DARK SAMURAI ACCOMPANIED BY DARK SHADOW! IT'S FUMIKAGE TOKOYAMI!