Chapter Sixteen| It's Party Time!

Distant conversation was echoing down the fading black hallway. But the clacking of heels had easily drowned the sound out as the figure descended further into the darkness. Rage was creeping its way up her spine as she burst through the twin doors, causing Yoru and Spaz to whip their heads around while Kage sat silently behind his desk.

"A-Akuma! My, l-look how lovely you are--"

"Zip it twitchy." Akuma's raspy voice shot out while a shadow like tentacle had muffle around Spaz's mouth, causing the short man to go bug eyed. Kage was slightly surprised by his daughter's sudden appearance, though he quickly brushed it off by reading a few papers that laid on his desk.

"I see you're back early, did the meeting go alright?" She was infuriated by the lack of interest her father displayed as she marched on up to his desk. Yoru quickly stepped aside, fearing to get in the middle of the building tension.

"There was no meeting," The hiss in her tone had caught his attention. She was furious, and she had good reason to be. "Akio was arrested three nights ago."

"What? How?"

"A hero caught him at the wrong place and time of business, and you wouldn't believe who had the honor of doing so."

He remained silent. He had an idea on who it was, but he still needed to hear it for himself. Akuma reached inside her boot, pulling out a folded piece of paper and handing it to him. He had looked at her suspiciously as he began to unfold it.

"Our precious (Y/n) and Aunt Lucia."

Sure enough, there you two were hovering over Akio and his potential client. A scowl had quickly taken form on his face as he stared at the printed out surveillance.

"Yoru," He shot a glare over towards his son who quickly pushed himself off the wall. "These should help you with your tracking." He stretched the papers out towards him, to which he slowly took from his hold.

"I want you to get on it as soon as possible, in the meantime, we'll do business as usual."

"That's it? You're not even going to attempt to do anything?" Kage shot a threatening glare towards Akuma when she rose her voice. But instead of cowering, she stared right back at him, urging him to say something.

"What do you want me to do Akuma? Yes, they are in the area, but we still don't know where exactly in the area we can locate them. Only fools allow their rage to take charge rather than being shrewd."

Akuma was silent, the only thing she could do was chew at the inside of her cheek as she watched her father stand.

"I trust you'll have this figured out rather soon."

He was looking over at Yoru, who gave a stern nod before watching his father take his leave with Spaz trailing behind. The sound of the heavy doors slamming shut echoed in the room, leaving the twins all alone with one another.

"Tell me brother," Yoru's gaze locked onto Akuma's as she tilted her head over his direction. Majority of her face was covered by her long inky hair as she slouched over the desk, based on her tone, she was still quite hostile.

"Why are you having such a difficult time hunting them down? I mean, if it were anyone else you'd find them within just a few hours, but for some reason it's been taking you weeks."