Chapter Twenty-Two| Change of Plans

"Alright, you've had your fun now put me down. My ribs are killing me."

It wasn't until we had neared the apartment buildings that he had finally decided to listen to me. From the way my ribs were grinding against his shoulder I knew it was going to be sore, but I suppose it's worth it.

Adjusting my shirt, I couldn't help but smile up at him.

"Thanks for the lift, literally."

"Isn't this the part where you invite me in to chill?"

"No, I don't believe it is." There was a twinkle in his eye, I couldn't quite put my finger on exactly what it was, but it made my cheeks start to hurt when my smile casually grew.

"Listen, lets just forget everything that's happened between us. We both acted pretty childish and I don't want you thinking too much into the whole thing. It was just a stupid fight."

"Maybe to you it was." His expression was serious now, which allowed my cramping cheeks to loosen itself from my tight grin. "It doesn't have to be today, but eventually I'd like to know."

Crap, he still wanted to know about the scar.

Forcing a small smile on my lips, I gazed up into his ruby eyes.

"Yeah I know, just give me some time, okay? I'll see you tomorrow." Without waiting for another second to go by, I quickly turned on my heels and started heading towards the apartments. I didn't bother looking back when he had shouted out a goodbye, I just wanted to hurry up and get inside. Just when I thought everything was going to be fine again, he brings that out on me.

It's natural for him to be curious, I get it.

But now I need to prep myself for that discussion. Perhaps he didn't have to know the truth, I could always just say I got it in an accident or something. Then again, I'm not sure if I could bring myself to lie to his face.

As I approached the apartment door, Yoru had came into view. He was leaning against the wall, arms folded and a tiresome expression. I had forgotten that he was following not too far behind.

My pace had slowed down once I had approached his heavy gaze.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

My hand had fished inside my bag for the keys all while he slowly pushed himself off of the wall.

"You two seemed awfully close."

"Katsuki? He's just a friend."

Where are those damn keys? I could still feel his heavy gaze on me when I had peered into my bag, hand still rummaging.

"What about that Todoroki kid? Is he a friend too?" I had finally grabbed hold of my keys when I shot a questioning look up at him.

"How do you know-"

"He's the son of the second most popular hero. You'd have to be living under a rock to not know that."

Well, he's got a point.

"Yes, he and I are friends. Why do you care?"