Chapter 5

Max:

I wake up with Dexter's face only an inch away from my face. I freak out before realizing that I had my arms around him and he had his arms around me, so all I accomplished to do was make both of us fall on the floor. Well me on the floor and Dexter on top of me.

I push Dexter off of me. He grumbles a little before curling up and going back to sleep. "Lazy ass." I mumble.

He flicks me off. "Jack ass."

I punch his arm before I stand up. I grab his arms and pull him up. "Come on we have to go to school." I say through clenched teeth.

I let go of Dexter and he groans then reluctantly gets up. He staggers to my closet and pulls out some clothes. "I going to go take a shower."

He turns to look at me with an evil grin on his face. "I'll be waiting for ya."

I grab the pillow off my bed and throw it at him. "Hell no! I will not join you in a shower!"

Dexter laughs while he walks out the door. I get up and walk over to my closet and pull out a shirt and a pair of jeans. I throw the clothes on my dresser, then get some boxers out and start to change.

Dexter walks back into my room just as I take off my boxers. I quickly pull them back up and glare at him. He points to the dresser. "Boxers, I need a pair."

I grab a pair out of the drawer and throw it at him. "Now go, so I can change."

He scoffs. "Don't go changin on my account." Then walks out again.

I made sure he wouldn't come in again before I quickly changed. After I'm dressed I head to the downstairs bathroom. After I'm done with that I head into the kitchen for breakfast.

Mom had already left for work so Madre was in the kitchen cooking breakfast. "Good morning!"

Her attitude was way too cheerful for it being so early. "Good morning." I grumble.

She smiles and puts a plate in front of me as I sit down at the table. Pancakes, eggs and sausage. I look back up at Madre, but before I could say anything she pushed the syrup container across the table.

"Thank you." I say before digging in.

Dexter finally comes downstairs after I finish my plate. He sits down beside me and has a plate handed to him by Madre. He gives me a quick smile before transforming into a dog. He scarfed down his whole plate in what seemed like one bite.

Madre glared at him. "Bad Dexter! That is not how you eat at the table!"

He ignored her. We both go for our bags at the same time and rush out the door.

We made our way to the bus stop. Walking with Dexter instead of Rex, felt really weird for some reason. "Does this feel weird to you?" I ask.

Dexter tilts his head slightly at me. "What do you mean?"

"Walking with me to the bus stop as Dexter instead of Rex."

Dexter tsked. "It feels the same either way to me, besides the actually getting on the bus with you."

"Huh, yeah I guess so." I laugh.

We sit down on the curb, and wait in silence until Sariah sits down next to me. "Hi cutie."

"Hi sweetie." She answers before kissing me.

Dexter makes a gagging noise at us. "Blah, gouge my eyes out now so I won't have to suffer."

Sariah leans in close to me. "Why is he here?"

I wrapped my arm around her shoulders. "He stayed the night at my house."