⌜ chapter 4 ⌟

Sammy's POV

I was just finished packing when the doorbell ring. I walked towards the door and opened it. There stood my best friends Jack Gilinsky and Jack Johnson.

"Hey man," I say while giving Jack and JJ each a bro shake and hug.

We walked to the basement where we usually hang out. It was like a man lair for us. We all sat down on the couch while Jack played COD.

"How was LA?" JJ asked me.

"It was good, made some new songs with Nate," I say while opening my messages.

Me: tomato is clearly a vegetable.

"That's good man, can't wait to hear it," JJ says while patting my shoulder.

I looked up and smiled at him. He looks over my shoulder, at my phone screen. I quickly press the lock screen, not wanting him to see. He just shrugs, turning his attention to the TV.

My phone rang, notifying me I had a message. Shit. I felt the boys eyes on me. Without looking up, I quickly put my phone on vibrate.

Mady 👑: it's a fruit 😾

Me: no

Mady 👑: yes

Me: no

Mady 👑: yes

After an hour of me texting Mady, we decided to go to Jack's house. I packed a bag with some clothes, knowing I'm staying over his house for the night.

I walked into the kitchen, writing a note to my parents saying I was staying over Jack's.

We quickly got into Jack's jeep and drove to his house. I didn't live that far away from him, it took about 5-10 minutes.

We walked inside his house, towards the living room.

"Mom I'm home!" Jack yells. We sat on the couch, playing some video games.

We was currently playing FIFA, Jack was running while kicking the ball towards the goalie.

We heard a scream and a door being shut. We quickly jumped and dropped the controllers, running towards the kitchen.

We opened the door, seeing a very scared Kathy in front of the food closet, holding her chest while breathing in and out hard.

We quickly rushed to her, Jack being the fastest.

"Mom are you okay?" Jack asks, worried in his voice.

She breathed in and out slowly, steadying her breathing.

"There's something in the food closet, go look," she says, pointing at the food closet.

* * *

Mady's POV

I stood right in front of the door, waiting for it to open. The door opens outward which is perfect.

I saw a shadow appearing in front of the door. It stood right in front of the door, not doing anything. I heard silence. I watched the door knob turn. I was ready to scare him.

Right when the door opened, I jumped in front of Jack and screamed, scaring them. I heard a woman laughing, knowing it was Aunt Kathy.

I watched Jack jump, screaming like a girl, followed by other girl-like screams. I placed my hand over my mouth, laughing into my hand. Jack place his hand over his heart with his eyes wide, steadying his breathing.

"Well are you gonna come and hug me?" I teasingly say while waving my opening arms. He finally calmed down.

He tackled me in a hug, not saying anything. I lost my balance for a second but steadied myself but holding the food closet knob.