⌜ chapter 48 ⌟

December 17, 2014

Today was another day which meant, new adventure.

"So what's on today's agenda?" I asked, looking over at him.

"Well," he stretches out the word, placing his hand on my thigh, giving it a soft squeeze which sent tingles through me.

I raised an eyebrow at him, waiting for his response but he just stayed quiet, resting his hand on my thigh.

A smirk grown onto his face, not taking his eyes off the road at all. I squinted my eyes at him before huffing, looking out my window.

* * *

"You are crazy."

Sammy is definitely crazy. If I could describe him only in one word, it would be crazy.

Our adventure was Ziplinning.

Z-I-P-L-I-N-N-I-N-G

"C'mon, we're not that high up from the ground," he reassured me, rubbing the lower part of my back.

"We're like 100 feet off the ground, probably more!" I exclaimed, shaking my head while peering down, making my eyes widened at how high we were actually off the ground.

"I'll be by your side, I promise," he promised, taking my hand with his and giving it a soft squeeze before bringing it up to his lips.

After 5 minutes of calming myself down and just relaxing, the staff or workers strapped us onto the line.

Luckily this zipline place you can zipline with someone so there's actually 2 lines/rope instead of 1.

I had a helmet on with my go pro strapped on top of it just like Sammy but that wasn't my go pro he was using, it was the workers. They were kind and generous to let us use it. Thank god I had an empty SD card.

Once we were hooked on, we stood on the ledge, ready to go.

With one hand holding onto the rope thing, I held onto Sammy's free hand with my own.

"Ready,"

"Set,"

"Go,"

With that, one of the workers pushed me off just as the same time Sammy was pushed off.

I screamed just as Sammy also screamed, feeling nothing underneath us.

I looked over at him and see him with a big grin on his face. He looked over at me and his eyes lit up and I knew I also had a big grin on my face.

We let go of each other and raised our hands in the air, laughing, screaming, and cheering.

We passed some waterfalls and animals which were below us. The view was so beautiful, you could see trees and mountains in the distance.

After a few seconds of being in the air, we came to a stop at another tower place thing which just looked the exact same one we were just at.

They steadied us and helped us take off the gear stuff.

"We did it," Sammy grinned, raising his hand towards me, signaling he wanted a high five.

"We did," I grinned back, slapping his hand while leaning forward, pressing a quick kiss on his lips.

* * *

December 18, 2014

The next day, we packed everything and left the lake house.

"I wish we could've stayed longer," I smiled, lacing our fingers together.

He sighed with a faint smile, "Me too."