⌜ chapter 44 ⌟

December 14, 2014

Today we decided to go to the lake house since Sammy had to rehearse for the show which was on the 20th.

"What are we gonna be doing at the lake house?" I asked, putting the things in the trunk.

"What normal people do at the lake house," he chuckles, giving me a duh look.

"Well I never been to a lake house," I sheepishly say, occupying myself by moving some things around so he couldn't see my face.

"Aw," he cooed, seeing my flushed face, "Miss Mady have not been at a lake house before?" he says in a baby voice, wrapping his arms around me from behind and buried his face into my neck, doing butterfly kisses.

My hair was in a messy bun which was more worse since I'm ticklish there.

"Stop," I whined, laughing as I tried to pull his arms off of me but of course, failed. He just continued, leaving some little kisses also.

"Samuel leave the poor girl alone and grab the bags," Mama Wilk calls from the front door.

I looked up to see her winking and smiling at me but when she moved her eyes to Sammy who was still behind me, she glared.

I snickered as I heard him grumbled under his breath. He placed a kiss on my shoulder before letting me go, jogging up to the front door to get the rest of the bags.

After we finally got everything in the car, we said our goodbyes to his family and got in his car, driving away.

"So who's lake house is this?" I asked, watching myself rub his knuckles.

"Well," he started, which I looked over at him, "We actually built it out there," he grinned, looking at me for a split second.

I nodded and grinned, "That's pretty cool."

"Yeah," he chuckles, "But I was a kid at that time when they were building it.

"We would go there when we were kids/teens for every family vacation or something," he explained, nodding his head.

"I see," I say, nodding along.

"I think you'll love it there," he smiles over at me before quickly leaning forward, placing a kiss on my lips before paying attention to the road.

I smiled at the gesture and looked out the window, watching as trees and houses go by.

An hour later, he drove up to this beautiful 2 story house that looks like a cabin.

"And here we are," he stated, parking the car in the driveway. We got out and walked over towards the front door.

It was quiet and warm, which I really liked about it.

"Did you bring the key?" he asked, looking down at me.

"What no?" I asked, looking at him confused.

"I thought I gave it to you?" he frantically asked, looking at me like I was crazy.

"You didn't give it to me," I calmly say, patting my pockets.

He sighed and leaned his forehead on the door, closing his eyes.

"Now we can't get inside," he muttered.

I frowned, "Don't you have a second key?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

He shook his head, his forehead still on the door, "Nope."

I sighed, our plans ruined.

"I guess we have to go," I sadly say, turning around.

"Found it," he suddenly says, a key in his hand.