He leaned in closely to my ear and said lowly. "Change."

" No thank you." I whispered back.

" Joy, Paul this is my daughter Kinsley." He introduced.

My God shes a doll." Joy complimented as I softly shuck her hand. " You have to keep this one close Johnathan boys are going to line up for this one." Paul said as I sat down in my seat. Finn taking this opportunity to chime in. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder giving it a tight squeeze.

" The line gets shorter once they realize I'm in the  front." The table laughed at Finn's comment.

" Oh calm down bud if anything you're the caboose" I laughed , yet I was the only one who found it funny. My laugh being the one still standing as everyone else's dimmed down.

A warming squeeze came from Finn as he dug his fingers in my exposed thigh.

" She's always been a joker. Gotta love it about her."

I swat his hand away discreetly.

" Enough about me, tell me more about this wonderful motel I'm hearing so much about."

" Oh darling don't put wonderful and motel in the same sentence." Paul chuckled.

" Oh don't be modest, I'm sure it's beautiful." From the corner of my eye, I could see pride in my Dad's eyes as assumed I was helping him.

" I'm flattered, but it's just some old dusty land. Can't believe Johnathan would even want to buy it."  Joy replied sweetly. Her and her husband where a young couple, no older than 35 and with enough wine and dinning my Dad would have his claws wrapped around them.

" Don't be ridiculous." I proclaimed.

" I was just telling the Thomas's how I'd be more than happy to take that debt off there shoulders. The place hasn't had much of any business tourist never travel on I-90. Drowning in debt like that isn't good for anyone. Couldn't image leaving me sweet girl with debt like that." My Dad explained.

" Selling it is the best option." Bruce chimed in, and for the first time I had really noticed him. Chills ran down my back at his manipulative smile.

" Selling it is the worst option." I objected.

" Excuse me?"  Joy asked.

My Father looked at me " Excuse me?"

" Don't you want to keep it?" I asked them.

Joy and Paul fumbled for words." I mean yes of course but-"

All eyes turned to me. " That motel has been in your family for generations, don't stop the chain now. I mean come on Dad  aren't you the one always preaching about building for your "progeny"."

His jaw clenched and I could tell he was trying to remain composure. "I'm not for leaving them in debt Kinsley. Our situations and the Thomas's are not the same."

" Hell yeah there not. Because unlike me they actually want what's being left for them."

"They don't want the debt the two and two come together Kinsley." Finn interjected. " She can be such a child some times." He said brushing me off.

" We are the same fucking age dumbass."

Even over the classical music in the background my color words provoked a few gasp amongst us. Finn was clearly embarrassed after being hushed by me and had a hard time recovering he looked at my Father for help.