Christmas

•••

•••

FP lifted Polly up so she could put the star on top of the Christmas tree. Betty and Jughead hung the ornaments all around it while Jellybean handed them the ornaments.

"It's on," Polly smiled at FP. She let go of her secure arm around his neck.

"And you did it perfectly," FP set her down. He looked at the younger ones. "I think you all could be some of Santa's best little helpers."

"Who wants hot coco?" Alice's voice traveled in from the kitchen. She poked out with Jackie in her arms.

"I do!" The three elementary school kids said altogether. They ran to the kitchen for their share of the drink.

"There's my little baby girl," FP grabbed Jackie from Alice. He peckered kisses all over her cheeks and listened to her sweet gurgles. "You love daddy, don't you?"

"I know I love her daddy," Alice coiled her arms around his waist.

"Well good thing I love her mama," FP smirked. He kissed her lips.

Jellybean yanked on FP's pant leg until she got his attention. "Yes, Jellybelly?" She put her arms up as a sign to wanting to be picked up. "Oh, I see. You want some kisses too?"

"Kissy," Jellybean puckered up. FP couldn't resist. He scooped her up and pecked kisses on her cheek. She giggled as his stubble tickled her. "You know I love you too, princess."

Charles walked into the house with a box. He smelled the hot chocolate and followed its trail to the kitchen. He left the box on the counter and grabbed himself one.

"Hey, how did it go?" FP asked his son. He had been next door with Fred helping him with a project.

"Pretty well," Charles said. "Mr. Andrews gave me a box to give to you two before I came back."

"What's in it?" Alice asked.

"He just said it's an early Christmas gift." Charles shrugged.

"Charlie! Did you look at the Christmas tree?" Betty excitedly asked him. She was very proud of it so far.

"Not yet," Charles walked over to the table to take a seat.

"What do you think it is?" Alice walked over to the box.

"I have no idea. Open it," FP joined her by the counter. Jellybean wiggled in his arms so he set her down. The toddler wandered over to where the rest of the kids were.