Repatriation

I really hope you like this interpretation of what I best understood

•••

Betty was alone with Jughead in the school's newspaper room. She had her head against his shoulder as he typed on his laptop. "I'm sure he'll come around. You shouldn't be worried."

"Not only is he in a gang, he's the gang leader. Who knows where he could be?" Jughead sighed. "Or what he's up to."

"Let's take a break," Betty closed his laptop. Jughead's eyes drifted sideways to her. "What about you? Have you spoken to your mom after the divorce?"

"She keeps herself busy with work. There's something about my dad leaving that just keeps her so well reserved."

"At least you know where your mom is."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No, let's just go find Archie and Veronica." Jughead stood up. He packed his laptop away in his bag and walked her out. They went to the student lounge to search for the pair. They didn't see them anywhere in sight. "I guess they went home already." Jughead checked his watch.

"Look, Jug. It's a cute new flower. Take a picture." Betty picked the pot up. "I can't have these in the house. My mom is allergic to them. Funny story, actually, my dad brought a bouquet of these home once because he forgot." Jughead smiled and reached for his phone. He puts her in frame. She continues to pose with the flower. Something caught his attention because Betty could see the odd look on his face. "What? Is this kinda weird?"

"No, it's just..." Jughead didn't know how to explain it. "Is your mom here?"

"No," She shook his head. "She's at The Register."

"I swear I just saw her." Jughead looked through the phone again. He pointed behind her. Betty turned around and didn't see anything. She approached him and looked through the phone. She was then able to see what he saw. "Woah, it is her. Right on the other side of the window."

They walked to the door and stepped out. Everything looked normal outside of the screen. Everything they viewed through the phone was a whole different story. The halls looked different.

"Is that my mom?" Betty pointed. She recognized the young woman in the Serpent jacket going into the bathroom. She was stunned to see her in that jacket. "She's a Serpent?" Alice looked furious. Something must of happened before she turned into the hall. "Let's go see." Betty yanked him towards the bathroom. She peeked in. Jughead felt weird about going in so he thought of something. "Pull out your phone?" He questioned. He wondered if it worked on hers too. She tested it out and saw that it worked. She saw her mom coming out of a stall. "I'm going to go in."