Wild Card 2

I wasn't planning on having a part two when I wrote this but I believe it deserves one. I liked how this oneshot ended up turning out.

•••

Alice backs away from the door. She makes her way back down with the waterworks ready to burst. She hurts with the image of FP and his estranged wife in her head.

"I'm taking over," Sweet Pea grabs the scripture from the table.

"But you're not game master," Toni points out.

"But you're not game master," He mimicks. She rolls her eyes at him. "Do you want to keep playing or not?"

"I'm in," Fangs states. He stands with him.

"Yeah I want to know what happens." Cheryl says. "I'm next." She grabs the dice and tosses them onto the board. "Eleven."

"You just entered the chamber of secrets. Before you sit two rocks. A rock of reality and a rock of fantasy. Which do you choose to turn over? Left or right?"

"The one on the left."

"The past is present and the present is past. The mighty soul embarks the future thee shan't want to be like the last."

FP steps away from Gladys and runs a hand through his hair. He doesn't want this. Jellybean latches back onto him from behind. Her chin digs into his back. He curls an arm behind him to hold her back. "Jug said he's coming. Can we go home after?"

"Yeah..." FP thinks about what else to say. He could feel Gladys' harsh eyes on him. He turns around to look at the young girl. "Can you wait for him here? You can even order a milkshake from Pop in the meantime. I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?"

"I have to finish taking this to where they belong," FP picks up a box and walks into the speakeasy. He walks down the stairs in search for Alice. His eyes go straight to hers and he knows hers are trying to avoid his. "No no no," FP knows she knew who was upstairs. "Alice, no." He sets down the box and tries to go to her. She backs away simultaneously. "Al, please."

"No, FP. We can't," She flickers the tears away. "You have to go. We can't keep doing this. It ends here."

"It can't," He droops his face. He reaches out for her but she pulls back.

"History repeats itself," Alice looks away from him. She fell for him the way she did all those years ago. There it was. The obstacle that was ready to drift them apart.

"We don't have to let it. We're different people now. We can make it work this time." FP pleads. They both know he's right. "I'm not that dumb jock that forgot to love you anymore."

"But there's always going to be the other girl," Alice looks down at the floor. "It's not just about us and you know that."

"What just happened Sweet Pea?" Fangs asks.

"The Sorceress has fallen with the return of the Rogue. The Deadeye set himself in a trap they can't crawl out of. It is Cheryl's next move to decide who comes to their rescue." Sweet Pea lays out a small stack of cards in front of her. Each hold an avatar to choose from. There lies the Siren, Nisse, Radiant Knight, Thief, and Cleaver. Deadeye was no longer an option. "Which shall you choose?"

"Radiant Knight of course," Cheryl says as a matter of fact. "Send in the chivalrous one."

Fred walks into the diner hoping to run into FP. He pushes the door open and wanders off to the counter. Pop comes out of the kitchen to attend him. He has Jellybean's milkshake in his hand. "Fred, how can I help you?" Jellybean walks up to the man to grab her milkshake.

"Is FP here?" Fred looks down at the little girl by his side. She looks very familiar to him. "You're Archie's dad," She looks back at him and takes a sip of her drink. "You're FP's little girl. Where is your old man?"

"My dad's in there," She points to the door that led to the speakeasy. Gladys gets up and slides out of the booth she's in when she saw the familiar face.

"The Radiant Knight needs to make a move. What is your choice of action?" Sweet Pea quickly asks Cheryl.

"The divination spell."

"Andrews," Gladys faces the man who kicked her husband out of work. "Still a working man I suppose."

"Gladys," Fred awkwardly greets her. "I haven't seen you in awhile."

"Kinda happens when you make your best friend drink us away."

"Look I don't want any part in this," Fred puts his hands up in defense. "I'm going to go talk to him." He backs away and goes into the speakeasy. He passes FP on the way down the stairs. FP brushes past him trying to leave. "FP," He tries to stop him but FP keeps on walking. He looks further down the stairs and spots Alice. She looks disgruntled. "Alice?"

"Fred?" She sniffs. "What are you doing here?"

"What happened?" Fred slowly comes down the stairs. He approaches her and takes a seat in front of her.

"Nothing," She says but he gives her a look. "Ok, everything."

"Is it about FP?" He takes a guess. Her silence answers his question. "Is there something going on between you two?" He tries to get an answer out of her but fails. He sighs.

"I should just go. Forget this ever happened," Alice stands up. Fred swerves his head to look at her. He grabs her arm. "You shouldn't leave just yet." He's looking out for her. He doesn't want her to hurt even more than she currently was. "It'll be fine. I'll be fine." She slips out of his hold. He sits there in defeat. He knows she won't listen to him.

"Did the knight do it? Did they save the Sorceress?" Cheryl is very curious to know what was going on. Sweet Pea put the dice in Toni's hands. He's hinting that she had the final say in the matter. Toni rolls the dice and awaits an answer.

"The guard thou shields shall tear down. Faith will determine thy outcome."

"Does this mean the king and his family are determining their faith?" Fangs thinks about the correlation the quest has with the Joneses.

Sweet Pea reads the rest of their quest. "We have a victory," Sweet Pea plants a smile on his face. They all cheer with the good news.

Alice storms up the stairs and pushes the door open. FP stands in the doorway. He was waiting for her to come up. "Where'd they go?" Alice refers to his family.

"Jughead came and they all went home."

"Then what are you still doing here?"

"You are my home," FP has a hopeful look on his face. "Al, I'm not screwing this up again. I want you and I won't settle for anything else."

"Oh, Jonesy." She begins to grow a smile. "You are one special man."

FP cups her face and reciprocates the same smile. His thumbs wipe the dry tears away. "Don't ever let me let you go again." He tenderly kisses her. She wraps her arm around him and digs her head into his chest. "Don't ever let me let you." He hooks his arms under hers and holds her head safely against him.

Fred comes out of the speakeasy and catches them in the middle of their moment. They still don't see him standing there. He smiles at the sight. "Forbidden is the myth that is now the security forthwith." He mumbles to himself.