Cup of Coffee 2

FP walked back to the Wyrm with Alice, once she was stable enough to head home. Her car was still in the bar's parking lot. It was cold so he draped his jacket over her shoulders to keep her warm.

"Really? They must know my boy then." Alice was telling him about her daughters with Hal. He just learned the three went to the same high school. "So how are they taking it?"

"They're angry at their father but we'll get through this divorce together," Alice sighed.

"If you need a good divorce lawyer I know a guy," FP told her.

"You're divorced?"

"Did you see a wife sleeping next to me?" FP scratched his head. Alice smacked his chest and laughed. "Well we're here." They stood in front of her car. He handed her the keys. "Thank you," Alice took off his jacket. She traded them for the keys. "For everything."

"Anytime," FP winked. She smiled and climbed into her car. He waved goodbye as she left.

•••

Betty heard a motorcycle roar coming from outside. She poked her eyes through the blinds and saw one stopping outside the house. "Mom! There's a scary biker guy on our street!"

"Biker?" Polly got up from the couch. She wanted to see for herself. She looked out the window like her sister. "Mom! There's a gang member coming to our door!" FP took his helmet off and made his way towards the house. "He's actually kinda good looking, not gonna lie." Polly whispered to Betty.

"What's with all the yelling?" Alice appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Mom, don't freak out but there's a Serpent coming." Betty warned her. She was surprised by how calm her mother was. Alice walked down the stairs to head to the door. "Are you crazy? No, mom. He could hurt us." Betty tried to knock some sense into her. "He's in a gang."

Alice looked through the peephole and as she suspected, it was FP. "I highly doubt it," Alice chuckled. "He's not scary. Far from it, actually." She opened the door as Betty tried to talk her out of it, "Mom."

"What brings you here?" Alice asked.

"I believe you owe Hog Eye a fourth of his inventory," FP said and handed her a tab. Alice already knew he was kidding. She read the folded slip of paper.

I believe what is owed is a new supply of hangover curing coffee

"Anyway," FP reached into his pocket for a business card. "Thought this would come in handy. It's the number to a good lawyer."

"Why thank you," Alice smiled. FP nodded and headed back to his motorcycle. She shut the door. Her daughters then bombarded her with questions.

"What was that? Is he suing you?" Betty asked.

"Where did you go yesterday?" Polly added in.

"Can you go make me a pot of coffee?" Alice pointed to the kitchen.

"Coffee? It's two in the afternoon." Betty looked at her with a look of confusion.

"Just do it," Alice said. Betty went to the kitchen to her behest. Polly placed a hand on her mother's forehead. "What are you doing?"

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Polly. Go help your sister." Polly walked to the kitchen. Alice opened the front door again. FP was getting on his motorcycle. "Hey, FP!" FP stopped and looked at her. "Would you like a cup of coffee?"

"It's hot, Alice!" FP chuckled.

"Hold on," Alice put a hand up. She poked her head back into the house. "Make it iced coffee, please." She told the girls. They were so confused with their mother. She then looked back at FP. "It's iced coffee!"

"I'll be right in!" FP turned his motorcycle off. He pocketed his keys and carried his helmet over to her house. "One cup of coffee, please."

"He says please," Polly poked a head out of the kitchen.

"Polly," Alice looked at her. FP chuckled. "She's just like you."

"You know my mom?" Betty chimed in.

"Of course I do," FP put his helmet down. "Why do you think you're making coffee right now?" Alice fondly rolled her eyes.

"Come again?" Betty needed clarification.

"Someone drank her worries away last night. I had to give her coffee to tame her."

Alice flicked his ear. FP felt the sting and rubbed his ear. "Don't get a head of yourself. I had a fair amount."

"Mhmm, you weren't so happy when I confiscated your drink." FP crossed his arms and smirked. The girls laughed. They were already warming up to the man in their house.

"I assume you're an old friend," Polly stated.

"You could say that," FP wasn't going to get into details. "Just keep your mom out of my bar." He bantered.

"I'm a paying customer," Alice scoffed.

"Sure, Al." FP absentmindedly let her old nickname slip out.

"Anyway," Alice shifted the conversation to something else. "Cup of iced coffee?"

"I'd love one," FP agreed and found a seat at the table. Betty and Polly had a load of questions to ask him and they didn't hesitate to. They stopped asking questions once Alice came back from the kitchen with said coffee. In the end the girls realized these two were starting to rekindle an old relationship.